VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darryn

Reaction score
Hey there,

so i bought an 89 vmax that has been standing for some time, long story short took the bike to yamaha for a full servic carb clean and so on...

after paying them a lot of money got the bike back. it backfires the "on" switch for fuel doesnt work at all, i have to ride the bike at the "res" posotion, and the low fuel light doesnt work. I have decided to go it alone and then at least i will know how to fix the beast and get that bad boy running smoothly.
sometimes v boost is there sometimes not, it feels like it lacks power sometimes and then all of sudden runs cool and then goes back to slow.

where should i start and what tools would i need?

Any suggestions would help, I have been checking this forum out for about three months and finally decided to join, you guys seem to have it down right.:clapping:

thanks

First, go get your money back.

Then, check your fuel sender that's on the bottom of the tank. There's a two wire connector on the right side near the rear brake master cylinder.

If the bulb does not light when the starter button is pushed (you can leave the kill switch on) then the bulb is simply bad. Once the bulb is fixed that should also fix the reserve/on part of the fuel pump.

Sean

Thanks for the tips guys, will check it out and see whats going on there...
couldnt wait to get up this morning and see if there was a response, super excited about getting this bad boy up and running...

Thanks again, will keep you guys posted on what the outcome is.
:worthy:

Back