Engine touch up??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
Just finished w/ 2 medium coats of Eastwoods ceramic engine paint on the '95. Very pleased!

Attachments

• V-MaxEngineLBefore.JPG
    V-MaxEngineLBefore.JPG
    278.7 KB · Views: 187
  • V-MaxEngineRBefore.JPG
    V-MaxEngineRBefore.JPG
    290.5 KB · Views: 177
  • V-MaxEngineRAfter.jpg
    V-MaxEngineRAfter.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 183
  • V-MaxEngineLAfter.jpg
    V-MaxEngineLAfter.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 196
Looks good .Just like the Semi gloss Rustolium black that i used .I used the enamel in a can so I can put it where i want with a small brush for the nooks and crannies.

I've just touched up the heads and rocker gear with a small brush using halfords high temp satin black with good results, just a rub up with some scotchbrite before hand.

Just finished w/ 2 medium coats of Eastwoods ceramic engine paint on the '95. Very pleased!

This I think just made me settle on Eastwoods ceramic engine paint.

I know its an older post, but did you do anything specific?

i used eastwood too, just follow the directions, blast/strip the coating, wash with acetone and do it at the temps recommended.

my engine needs paint .....im not shure i can do a good job with the engine on the bike...i may wait and pull the motor this fall...i gotta do the valves anyhoo:ummm:

The dupli-color engine enamel needs a week to cure, keep that in mind. I painted my stator cover with it and my shoe left a small smudge after it sat for 24 hours on the bike, 27 hours total. Hardly noticeable, but I'm sanding and repainting it.

IMAG0488.jpg

^^ didn't need to sand it, acetone took it all off. I guess because it isn't cured all the way?

That's a GREAT price for the kit! Don't they deliver to Thailand? If no I'm sure someone in the US would take delivery and send on..

actually its a few bux cheaper on amazon. tempted to try it muhself:biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back