Engine touch up??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CB2DMax

Reaction score
Has anyone had any good experiences touching up the engine paint? I have a 2001 V-Max with 33,000 miles on it and it needs a little touch up paint on the engine. What brands of paint have you used and what works best?

Thanks.

CB

I'm in the same boat/Engine could use a touch up.. I have not done it yet but I'm THINKING:ummm: Rustoleum Appliance Epoxy paint. ( WalMart/Home Depot) I use this on my Excavatinjg Equipment & it holds up GREAT. I painted a whole new dump body with the rattle cans & it holds up amazing. I put it on my new Steel Entry door of the house in White/6 years ago facing due south southern sun & it STILL shines like the day I put it on. Thats the longest application I still have on the property...Made to use with no primer even on bare metal/they don't want any soft primer under it. Goes on kinda thick & seems to self level. SHINES like the dickens! Look at your washing machine & see if you want your engine to shine like that... Only comes in white & black, sometimes you can find Almond but who would want that....

my bike is black, for small nicks and scratches i use black nail polish. it seems to hold up pretty decent.

I used duplicolor engine enamel , black semi gloss.
Right side retouched , left side old and faded

Attachments

• 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 593
i have had good results with ,dont laugh, boot polish,not the paste type but the liquid type for scuffs etc.squeeze it on a brush then apply to the bad spot ,buff off & there you go. it seems to last & you can get it into the hard to reach areas with a cotton bud or similar. my engine had dull areas & bad water stains after being stored for years outside.t cut etc only lasted a few hours till it went dull. the boot polish has been on a couple of weeks & still looks good .
not a fix for a mint show bike but easier & less notiecable than paint on a daily user.

The rustoleum engine enamel on mine shines like when I bought it and I want to paint the front of the engine with it since the exhaust is off now. Iv read some guys used stripper but I don't have the balls to try that in the winter. Whats a good way to clean it well , short of stripping?

Richwrench did his 96 with Duplicolor Engine Enamel and it looks great. I plan to do this on my 89 if I can ever get the Damn thing to run right for 2 days in a row.....:rofl_200:

iv just redone my matte black paint job on my engine using bbq paint it stops rust an is good upto 600C it works great aslong as you follow the instructions. and any patches that r abit to big for spay paint i used halfords high heat engine paint then go over with the bbq paint so its all the same colour sounds a long way round and a bit of a hastle but it works and looks good so hey!

Attachments

• 19042011246.jpg
    19042011246.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 344
iv just redone my matte black paint job on my engine using bbq paint it stops rust an is good upto 600C it works great aslong as you follow the instructions. and any patches that r abit to big for spay paint i used halfords high heat engine paint then go over with the bbq paint so its all the same colour sounds a long way round and a bit of a hastle but it works and looks good so hey!

Dude...that picture just took my breath away...your bike must just dissappear at night...:worthy:

not bad at all. also what are you a vendor for?

Dude...that picture just took my breath away...your bike must just dissappear at night...:worthy:

thanks man! have more pics of her in my album.

it really does im gonna paint the wheels the same matte black aswell (as one side is black the other chrome from before i got it) and am changing all the engine bolts to chrome/ stainless steel for a contrast, which i think will look awesome. also am going to be putting a led setup in the scoops just for that evil look!

not bad at all. also what are you a vendor for?

sorry didn't realize i had that up have no idea why i did must have been pressing buttons 2 see what happened. opppssss

SS/chrome and matte black is awesome! i know! haha

what buttons were u pressing? i don't think you *should* be able to do that?

SS/chrome and matte black is awesome! i know! haha

what buttons were u pressing? i don't think you *should* be able to do that?

i have no idea i just generally press everything lol but have undone it now

Back