Exhaust shield

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Storloc

Reaction score
Since most aftermarket exhaust systems cant use the factory heat shield is there any chance a coated (kreem etc.) gas tank would be affected by the heat? I cant imagine it getting hot enough to do any harm but I wonder about the coating failing due to the extra heat.

I never did understand the use of Kreem over a good cleaning. They make chemicals to clean out almost all the rust. If people keep their newly refurbished tanks full or at least not sitting empty for a long time, why risk the issues associated with Kreem. Not to mention there are lots of tanks out there for sale cheap! I could see using it on a rare tank or some pretty painted tank with only petcocks but our tanks have the float and all in there and our tanks are hidden ugly monsters.

That didn't exactly answer my question but I'll answer yours. My tank already had rust in it when I got it. I didn't know about anything at the time that would clean it out and help prevent future rust although afterwards I found something that claimed to do both. A used tank doesn't appeal to me and a new one is well over a hundred bucks I believe. FWIW after using POR15's tank sealer I haven't had any problems for over 4 years now but if I do a new one will be going in this time.

Back