Extended swingarm, FJR/R1 Wheels

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

remmertb

Reaction score
Extended swingarm 3" and braced (did all the fab myself); Morley's driveshaft extension; FJR 1300 rear wheel; R1 front wheel; streetfighter headlight; ninja windshield; maier chin spoiler, summit shift light; custom airbrush paint (me); Kerker slip ons; soon to have a Morley's 1327 w/ 12:1 comp and a Holeshot Performance Powershifter 2. It's a beast now, going to be completely off the hook with the new motor!

Attachments

• max1.jpg
    max1.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 168
  • max2.jpg
    max2.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 126
  • max3.jpg
    max3.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 138
  • 100_2318.jpg
    100_2318.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 113
  • 100_2319.jpg
    100_2319.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 107
very nice work man, few questions though:

1. you going to be upgrading the front brakes?
2. the offset of the rear wheels seems worse than most, is that due to the fjr wheel?

Soon, the engine will be ready! Hopefully get started on it next week (and it won't take long to get it ready). Engine is back from bore/hone and have the new pistons and reworked rods ready too!

Sean

garrett,
no need to upgrade the front brakes, it stops everytime I sqeeze the lever. The rear wheel being off is just an illusion... OK, it's because I did it all in one day in my garage and didn't feel like redoing it. Seems to ride pretty straight though, one of these days I'll get it lined up better.

diablotin,
Fitting the wheel wasn't too bad, had to shave the wheel a bit so the rotors would line up with the calipers, and used 2 vmax front wheel bearing spacers as bushings so I could use the max axle with the larger R1 bearings. probably not the best way, but it's gotta be the cheapest, and it works.

diablotin,
Fitting the wheel wasn't too bad, had to shave the wheel a bit so the rotors would line up with the calipers, and used 2 vmax front wheel bearing spacers as bushings so I could use the max axle with the larger R1 bearings. probably not the best way, but it's gotta be the cheapest, and it works.

I guess it's pretty normal, guys who did fit a Thundercat wheel usually have to modify a bit the fork leg or the caliper.
Here I could easily find a good R1 wheel, I was just wondering how difficult it will be and now tnx to you I have a good idea :p

Back