External puke tank

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KJShover

Proud Vmax lover
Reaction score
I did this mod for under $15, and made some nice room for the tank, regulator and expansion chamber for my air shifter setup. It would also make a good spot for tools as well, and now can be locked up under the faux tank.

First I bought a 25oz, aluminum sports bottle from eBay, then I bought a mountain bike holder for it (sports authority had ones that lock in the bottle for $6) then I hit up the local hardware store for two hose fittings, a coupler and a couple of o-rings.

From there, I just got rid of the loop on the sports bottle, drilled a hole ( a little bit smaller than the threads on the hose fitting. put the o-gind on one fitting, then screwed it into the lid. After mocking up the fitting I removed it then drilled another hole for a vent.

I reassembled with the hose fitting and O-ring on the lid, then put the other O-ring on and then the coupler and other hose fitting. Using some spare hose, I attached a length to act as the pickup tube, This was cut to be about 1" or so from the bottom.

p1030590ka.jpg

I then mounted the bottle holder and bottle. I made a plate to go in front and behind the screen portion of the rad cover, drilled through the three of
them and bolted the holder to it. It's rock solid, aint going no where.
From here I removed the bottle to reroute the hose. Then put the bottle back, after adding some coolant to it.
I took the bike out and beat on it a bit. Plus I tried to wiggle it around. That puppy is solid.

p1030592k.jpg

If you over heat, the bottle will weep from the vent, if it gets too full. You can add a smaller fitting to drain to the ground on the lid. There is enough room for two 1/4" fittings.

Last edited:
Does your 'puke' tank have more volume that the of the stock one? I have yet to really get mime that hot to have it puke. I am a short burst of speed from time to time, more of a laid back riding for me.

It would be cool if you could have found a way to 'hide' the puke bottle in the belly pan, the nose of the belly pan is it is hollow?

Does your 'puke' tank have more volume that the of the stock one? I have yet to really get mime that hot to have it puke. I am a short burst of speed from time to time, more of a laid back riding for me.

The new puke tank holds 25oz's, the stocker will hold 25oz's but after about 20oz, or so, your over the "full" marker.

It would be cool if you could have found a way to 'hide' the puke bottle in the belly pan, the nose of the belly pan is it is hollow?

It could probably mounted it on it's side in there, if the inlet was relocated, But I have plans for that space. I'm thinking a couple of horns, if I can ever find the damned things. I know they're around here somewhere.

It could probably mounted it on it's side in there, if the inlet was relocated, But I have plans for that space. I'm thinking a couple of horns, if I can ever find the damned things. I know they're around here somewhere.
They grew legs and walked off. lol They will be in the last place you look, I am 100% sure of that. :rofl_200: I hate it when I put something up / away for later use and it seems to have got up and left.

They grew legs and walked off. lol They will be in the last place you look, I am 100% sure of that. :rofl_200: I hate it when I put something up / away for later use and it seems to have got up and left.

When I was gone, working in other parts of the state, my sister moved in with her kids, (dad offered to help her out). My nephew ripped him and me off blind. The total damage and theft was over $30k. Two racing engines for the XS were toast, Turbos, Falicon crank, Nitrous system, Two air shifter setups, cams, artwork, Baleen (8', 10' and a 5' piece) tools. etc...

Little fucker ended up with 2 years locked up in the teenybopper jail on six felonies for theft. A couple of years ago, when he turned 18, he got out and is now living with his father in Wyoming.

When I came back to help out my dad with things after my mom passed away, there wasn't 3 days that would pass that there wasn't something either missing, or destroyed. So I'm thinking it might not be around anymore.

Puke can in the chin? The mod monkey bites again

I was looking at the stocker puke can, and it looks like it will fit in the chin nicely.
A great idea, but this should garner a lukewarm approval from the MM, who likes to spend, spend, spend!
Dare I say that the MM takes it on the chin on this one?:rofl_200:

Latest posts

Back