Fan override switch question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfish

Reaction score
Just did it and nothing. Cut the wires coming from fan into male adapter and spliced with wires going into manual switch. Nothing at all, bike was running too. Am I doing it right?

mm weird, mine was set up by PO and he just had the two wires of the toggle pushed into the temp switch, works fine, it will turn on auto or i can when ever i feel like it.

No nothing here. Bike doesn't overheat either, just wanted to switch manually when in stop and go traffic. The fan is working when too hot. Just came back 1 hour ago, fan was on. Decided to do this and nothing manually, strange yes.

Don't think you did it right. In order for it to work, you have to bypass the temp switch with your manual switch, so it sends 12V to the fan instead of the temp switch.

I think the way you did it will only work once the temp switch gets hot, which kinda defeats the point..

I think you're right. I was just thinking about it. Damn. No purpose at all this way

But where is temp switch, trying to trace wires but it's not easy

Is it plug in male-female white color adapter, plugs straight into radiator cap? I'm pretty sure it is.

awesome good job, i find on those chilli fall nights to get a blast of warmth just flip on the switch for a few sec brings relief. Then i just realized your in tampa so you might not need that lol.

Back