fender spacer

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax1125

Reaction score
greetings all i'm a newby getting ready to change over to radials 180/55/18 on a ebay rear wheel and 110/80/18 on the stock front his tire should be almost a 1" shorter so i will have to lower the fender. my question is what are you guys all using when ths is done.
thanks, Chris :hmmm:

I used a piece of one inch diameter solid Delrin round rod, cut at 1 inch, drill 4 holes and bevel one end of each piece with a 3/4 inch flat wood bit on a bench drill.

Mike

Attachments

• flat.gif
    flat.gif
    3 KB · Views: 8
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 32
hey mike,
thanks for answering questions again where did you get the 1" rod from and the fork brace on your max do you know what part#it was i went to order a super brace in black for the 06' and it had a different part#than ones for 93' to 05' any idea what the difference is. 06' #1118 and 93' to 05' #1119 the later style is not easy to find and costs more. what size/brand tire are you running on the front.
thanks, Chris

hey mike,
thanks for answering questions again where did you get the 1" rod from and the fork brace on your max do you know what part#it was i went to order a super brace in black for the 06' and it had a different part#than ones for 93' to 05' any idea what the difference is. 06' #1118 and 93' to 05' #1119 the later style is not easy to find and costs more. what size/brand tire are you running on the front.
thanks, Chris

Hey Chris, I picked up the rod at a local industrial plastics supplier, I got lucky and they gave me a piece - if you can't find any and in need, let me know, I still have a piece left over. I bought a fork brace from David on ebay (1995vmax) - very nice quality. He has none listed right now, but usually has some listed all the time. As far as tire, I'm using Metzeler Roadtec Z6 - 110-80zr18

:cheers: Mike

thanks mike i have a industrial plastics shop near by i will swing in and see what they have. so the 95' brace fits good to know they are more available then the new 06'/07' model i thought they would just wanted to be certain. the z6 is the same i plan to use with the me880 on the rear sounds like everybody likes them and the have to work much better than the stock slippers.

thanks, chris

Chris, 93 to 07 brace will fit - "1995vmax" was referring to David's ebay id name - he makes nice braces with different logos engaved in it. There are other mfg'ers also that make nice braces, but a reason for different parts numbers maybe because the later year forks have the stone guards.

I know that the one I have will fit either forks with or without the guards.

Mike

Latest posts

Back