First new goodie for the new bike... or actually for me.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the tips, gonna try some of that Star Tron and fill the tank up with some non ethenal for the winter.

The StarTron is only for treating ethanol gas. No point in using it with pure gas. Regular Stabil is probably fine with the good gas.

Wish we had access to the good stuff... :bang head:

I've been using StarTron in 89 octane since day #1, seems to be good stuff.

I can give you my experience with ethanol gas and storage. Only one additive has made any difference for me. The carbs would gum up with whatever I put in except StarTron. This additive has been used in Marinas for some time as boats are left for long periods of time without being started, even before ethanol. This was only available at boat supply stores (West marine, etc) until the last year or so. Now even Wal-Mart stocks it either in the auto or boating additive section. My bike is in storage (U-Haul) and has sat for as long as 4 months without being ridden and it starts and runs with no problems. My carbs are stock so far as jetting, etc.

SeaFoam is a cleaner that works well but does not help with storage. Supposedly the StarTron keeps the ethanol from separating and attracting water. Have no idea if this is exactly how it works but it has worked for me. Just my :twocents: :biglaugh:

The StarTron is only for treating ethanol gas. No point in using it with pure gas. Regular Stabil is probably fine with the good gas.

Wish we had access to the good stuff... :bang head:

Check out any local marinas. They have had so many problems with carbs on boat motors , that they have sought out non-e gas distributors to combat the issues of gummed up carbs .That's where I found mine. There is also a web site which is updated from time to time , listing , by state , locations that sell non-e gas. I think someone here posted it a couple years ago . I'll try to look it up.

Latest posts

Back