flatside carb body issue

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stingray230sx

Reaction score
i am running the vgas setup, and last fall i somehow knocked the velocity stack out of the base on the right rear carb with my knee.

when i removed the base of that stack i found that rear mounting "point" for a better word [raised circle of the carb body that the base ears sit on, and are threaded to hold the bases on] broken off, and fell out when i removed the base.

i picked it up and saved it, and when i got the stack replaced on my existing base, i figured i would just use a little jb weld to reattach the raised circlular guide or whatever its called, and thats what i did, and its been sitting for three weeks, but when i went to put the repaired stack on the carb the circular piece just popped off [the jb weld not holding at all] .

i went ahead and installed the stack with the "good" mounting point, but i am afraid if i bump the stack with my knee it will pull the only one left off too.

is my only option to get a replacement flatside body, and put all my other carb parts on it? anybody else had this issue with a carb body, kehien or otherwise??

no pics at the moment but if anyone needs any i can get some in a few days, garage is crowded at the moment with a new atv [rubicon] that im in the process of putting a winch on.

thanks

doug hunt

I am a sudco dealer and can probably get the carb body if you need one. I am not sure what the cost would be but I bet it's not cheap.

Sean

I am a sudco dealer and can probably get the carb body if you need one. I am not sure what the cost would be but I bet it's not cheap.

Sean

thats what i am afraid of.....depending on cost i might just go fuel injection, but my bike runs good withthis setup, i hate to start messing with it.

doug

Could you swap the carb with one thats not so close to your knee?
Or get a set of knee guards to protect it from bumps?

What version is it? 39 or 41s?

39mm's and i looked on sudco's website and they dont show the carb body in the parts diagram, p/n's actually start at #5 [with the carb body's being #'s 1 thru 4].

i guess i will be searching ebay and crossing my fingers.......

I need to clarify. It will be cheaper by far then a new rack lol.

I need to clarify. It will be cheaper by far then a new rack lol.

oh i can imagine.......

Sean, go ahead and see what its gonna cost me for a replacement carb body. i will start the crying and fetal position mantra ahead of time.

does it matter where it is, since this is a vgas setup? for the record its the right side [on the bike] rear carb that has the broken stack boss.

doug

Should not matter. Email me directly and i'll get in touch with my sudco contact.

Sean

Back