flatslides

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawn kloker

Reaction score
Here is my next project.40mm FCR Keihin flatslides.They are step bores to 41mm.Racking them and making manifolds will be the hard part.

Attachments

• flatslide.jpg
    flatslide.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 21
  • flatslide2.jpg
    flatslide2.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 28
  • flatslide3.jpg
    flatslide3.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 21
Looks like you have your hands full with that one. I cant even figure out the stock carbs let alone trying to fit non stock ones. You know someone has to have done it so if it can be done then id say you can do it. Never know this could be the beginning of Kloker Karbs. LOL Please keep us updated as to troubles/triumphs on this project. I dont even understand the workings of flatsides versus CV and ive actually read a few articles.

LOl Shawn I am the one that sent you the link to that webpage from the yahoochats. I thought that guy was pretty honest on what he could get to work and what problems he had.
I mean you got the carbs, what the fuck else you gonna do with em. plus from now on all you will have is time and a bit of machining into it. i think its definently worth the time. If i could help u i would but i got the IDS syndrome .... I dunno Shit. But if I run across any more sites ill send em your way. Id bet you could call that guy if you had any questions for him. seems real nice.

Shawn...wouldn't voluptuous slides be better than flat slides? :)

LOl Shawn I am the one that sent you the link to that webpage from the yahoochats. I thought that guy was pretty honest on what he could get to work and what problems he had.
I mean you got the carbs, what the fuck else you gonna do with em. plus from now on all you will have is time and a bit of machining into it. i think its definently worth the time. If i could help u i would but i got the IDS syndrome .... I dunno Shit. But if I run across any more sites ill send em your way. Id bet you could call that guy if you had any questions for him. seems real nice.

He sent me about 30 pics of racking them.I have a pretty good idea what to do now.Thanks.

Hey Shawn,

On that guys webpage did you see where he welded in gusset plates on the frame in the 4 corners at the rear of the frame? what do you think of that? cause i work at a steel fab shop, those would be easy to do if I ever have the rear tire off. whats your opinion?

John,I did that to mine when I had it down to the frame.I was ptetty sick of all the frame flex.I have done everything to get rid of it.

Not thread jacking but a friend of mine brought his bike by yesterday after getting a tourmaster 1500 with PCW flatslides installed along with a bunch of other stuff.

I had always heard about the noise flatslides make but had no idea they were really THAT loud and clacky.

I kinda liked it......

I have never been around one with flatsides. I would love to have UFO VGAS but cant afford it. I plan on boostin the engine up later but really just want the vgas cause it looks so damn cool.
Shawn what did you think of your gusset mod? do you think that helped at all? I imagine it couldnt hurt. Ive got some perforated S.S. 3/16 panel here at work ive thought about gusstting there and a couple other spots.

I have never been around one with flatsides. I would love to have UFO VGAS but cant afford it. I plan on boostin the engine up later but really just want the vgas cause it looks so damn cool.
Shawn what did you think of your gusset mod? do you think that helped at all? I imagine it couldnt hurt. Ive got some perforated S.S. 3/16 panel here at work ive thought about gusstting there and a couple other spots.

The VGAS does look cool, but for the money ( or a little bit more) I'd rather go with the EFI.

Jon,I did solid motor mounts and braced swingarm and gusseted frame all at the same time.It still flexed some then I did frame braces then fork brace last.It is ten tons better but I can still flex the frame at high speed under heavy torque.Like when weaving through traffic at 103+.I feel the frame braces were the best mod handleing wise.Radials help too but not for the frame flex problem.

right on Buster. I think that EFi is like 3600$ the fuel managment is 5600$ .... holy crap. I thought going to flatsides, 2000$, were expensive. But just like you, in the end i will want EFI. Bill has put alot of R & D into his EFi and id say its a must upgrade for the top end bike. But of course including this that make 15,000$ worth of upgrades I want.

Jon,I did solid motor mounts and braced swingarm and gusseted frame all at the same time.It still flexed some then I did frame braces then fork brace last.It is ten tons better but I can still flex the frame at high speed under heavy torque.Like when weaving through traffic at 103+.I feel the frame braces were the best mod handleing wise.Radials help too but not for the frame flex problem.

Right now I have the fork brace, lowered front 1" with progressives (not sure if i have emulators, how do u tell), radials front & back (17" UFO MAX daddy), progresives rear.eventually I am going to do the solid mounts, frame brace, and hopefully the gussetts.
I thought the cornering was ok but the flex at high speeds (up to 130) was a bit "floaty". At low speeds i can ride no hands.
I am grounded right now as I have been riding on the guy i bought it offa license plate. Doesnt matter I havent cleaned my carbs yet so i have a bit till im ready. also ive screwed with the air/fuel mixture screws, doing the pea shooter, and have it so far out its backfiring, and popping. Hoping that in 30 days ill be ok to go. too many projects ahead of it..... btw ... anyone looking for a john deere rider 17 horse with deck bearing out, or a tiller, or a 3 wheeler with gas tank rusted, or weed eater that wont start .... o man this list is too freakin long.

right on Buster. I think that EFi is like 3600$ the fuel managment is 5600$ .... holy crap. I thought going to flatsides, 2000$, were expensive. But just like you, in the end i will want EFI. Bill has put alot of R & D into his EFi and id say its a must upgrade for the top end bike. But of course including this that make 15,000$ worth of upgrades I want.

Holy crap! $3600! I thought it was like $2500. Well then flatslides are looking better now.

Right now I have the fork brace, lowered front 1" with progressives (not sure if i have emulators, how do u tell), radials front & back (17" UFO MAX daddy), progresives rear.eventually I am going to do the solid mounts, frame brace, and hopefully the gussetts.
I thought the cornering was ok but the flex at high speeds (up to 130) was a bit "floaty". At low speeds i can ride no hands.
I am grounded right now as I have been riding on the guy i bought it offa license plate. Doesnt matter I havent cleaned my carbs yet so i have a bit till im ready. also ive screwed with the air/fuel mixture screws, doing the pea shooter, and have it so far out its backfiring, and popping. Hoping that in 30 days ill be ok to go. too many projects ahead of it..... btw ... anyone looking for a john deere rider 17 horse with deck bearing out, or a tiller, or a 3 wheeler with gas tank rusted, or weed eater that wont start .... o man this list is too freakin long.

You'd have to pull your forks apart to see if you have the emulators. They are sold by RaceTech so if you don't have RaceTech springs, you probably don't have emulators.

THANK GOD! I am done with these and ready to put on over the next couple days.All I still need is new main jets and the local shop actually has them(or at least thinks they do).This was way harder than I thought it would be but not impossible.I also found out that these are 41mm carbs.I'll have to jet them down a little like the 39's.At least I won't need to get 41's later when I go big block.

I would really like to thank Sean Morley,MORLEY'S MUSCLE and Rodney Mumford,PRO CHASSIE RACING! With out their help it would have been almost impossible.I owe you both bigtime!

Attachments

• flats.jpg
    flats.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 34
  • flats2.jpg
    flats2.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 30
Back