Foot Pegs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenreesesr

Reaction score
I see that a kit is avialable to lower the foot pegs on the V-Max 2009 and later. Has anyone come across this for the early versions. I have an 03, I'm 6'5", and every little bit helps.

If u know a machinist by any chance they could probably make something up for you.. I was told tho depending how u take corners ull scrape alot when u lower them. Are u looking for something to stretch your legs out on long rides or just comfort around town?

I think getting some forward/highway pegs would be a lot easier and work better than trying to relocate the control pegs.

There's various engine guards/crash bars that either have pegs built in, or are easy to clamp some onto. Kuryakyn makes some nice clamp-on ISO ones. They were sturdy enough(and held firmly enough) for me to pull myself up off the seat without them slipping or turning.

At 5-8 I had no problem with the stock pegs, but the highway pegs on the crash bars were a bit of a stretch for me...I could kind of prop the heel of my boot on it but that's it. I didn't really ever use them. So they'd probably be great for you.

http://www.whaccessories.com/FootPegLoweringKit.htm

There pritty pricey. U got engine gaurds? I recommend looking for a used set of FWD controls helped me out alot!! Here's some info from one of my threads.

http://vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=23497

You've given me lots of options. Thank you..
I am waiting for a response from Corbin seats to see if they can make a dual saddle with a little more height. Haven't heard back yet. Fwd controls look expensive but maybe that's the ticket. I'll continue to research. Thanks again..

You've given me lots of options. Thank you..
I am waiting for a response from Corbin seats to see if they can make a dual saddle with a little more height. Haven't heard back yet. Fwd controls look expensive but maybe that's the ticket. I'll continue to research. Thanks again..

if you're looking for a bit higher seat might want to also talk to rick who makes the maxgasser 'twistedmax' on this forum.

Already talked to rick he will not make higher seat. The MAXGASSER is the way it is I guess. :/ but what I recommend if ur legs are as long as mine the crashbars are still high. There's a highway peg that mounts on the lower part of wear the gaurds would bolt on.. its were my seegers are and with that 2-3 inches lower than gaurds it made a big difference! One of the local guys here added foam to his seat he said its pritty easy. Ill PM high and see if he has any thread on it.

I waited for FWD'S got my seegers on a even trade for my stock set up.. kid bought the bike and didn't like the FWDS. I got lucky. :D

Back