Fork Boots

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dij0674

Reaction score
Hey All,

I'm in the middle of a 93 frame up rebuild. I'm looking for fork boots to black out the uppers. Has anyone installed boots/gaiters on a vmax ? anyone know where I can get a set of boots that fit? Or anyone have a better idea of how to blackout the uppers?

DJ

yea it ended with me not wanting to pull the oem fork guards. find out the oe size of the sliders and tubes and you should be able to find something close online. i searched for a bit and never found anything exact tho...

Hey All,

I'm in the middle of a 93 frame up rebuild. I'm looking for fork boots to black out the uppers. Has anyone installed boots/gaiters on a vmax ? anyone know where I can get a set of boots that fit? Or anyone have a better idea of how to blackout the uppers?

DJ

For the uppers between the tree. Try Black Decal Vinyl.... Cost Pennies, Easy To Cut, Adhere or Remove. And Looks Great Too:eusa_dance: Pics attached.

Last edited:
Thanks Clay, I'm going to give that a shot for the uppers, and see if I can find some boots that fit.

Here's my set up for the front end - steel tubes between the triple trees and a fork brace/clamp to beef and strengthen up the front end manufactured by another member on this great ol forum and his name is Jedi

Mike

Last edited:
howd u get those tubes in there?

For the upper fork tubes, only the upper triple tree needs to come off to slid the tubes over the fork legs.

For the lower fork brace/clamp, both fork legs and upper triple tree needs to come off, the brace is one piece.

Mike

so there is just metal tubes b/t the trees? what about under the bottom triple?

Here's my set up for the front end - steel tubes between the triple trees and a fork brace/clamp to beef and strengthen up the front end manufactured by another member on this great ol forum and his name is Jedi

Mike
Thats a cool idea, I'll have to give it a try.

Back