fredericksburg va.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill if you're doing that we should get some locals together for a ride..VA, MD people.

Sounds good to me...
So far it's me and my wife, and Mikey and his girlfriend.
Planning on arriving friday june 18, riding skyline on saturday the 19th, then home on sunday.
How far away do you live?
Anyone else interested?

About 2 hrs. I know there are some VA guys that post on here and some MD guys. Anyone up for this?

i went to skyline drive this weekend, i just want to give you a heads up. i entered at sperryville and headed north towards front royal. DANGEROUS. they have tared and stoned the road and it is terrible. i can't believe i payed 10 dollars to get killed. if any cars are in front of you you better have your shield down. they could easily spend some money on a street sweeper instead of putting up those stupid signs telling us our tax dollars at work.
be careful. don't even try to do the speed limit. the turns are like marbles
mark

i went to skyline drive this weekend, i just want to give you a heads up. i entered at sperryville and headed north towards front royal. DANGEROUS. they have tared and stoned the road and it is terrible. i can't believe i payed 10 dollars to get killed. if any cars are in front of you you better have your shield down. they could easily spend some money on a street sweeper instead of putting up those stupid signs telling us our tax dollars at work.
be careful. don't even try to do the speed limit. the turns are like marbles
mark

I don't suppose you know when this construction will be finished? Some road construction signs in Ontario give warnings like "Road Construction May 1 to June 30". Curious because I may be doing the Skyline Drive late this summer or Early Fall.

Thanks,

Blaine

this road work was torwards the northern end. there was a lot of overlooks closed. the only ones that were open were the side road pulloffs. all the ones that you would turn into and park are closed.

From Skyline info...

Hello,
Thank you for your interest in Shenandoah National Park and the Skyline
Drive. There will be ongoing construction along the Skyline
Drive,including several of the overlooks, through the rest of the year.
These road projects are part of the Recovery Act and the repairs are much
needed. You can expect some delays, but not more than 15 minutes at a
time. They try to hold off on the construction during the weekends when
the park is busiest. Please feel free to contact me if you have any
questions.

Debbie Caro
HQ Information Receptionist

Shenandoah National Park
3655 US HWY 211 East
Luray, VA 22835

You have to ask Debbie but my guess is they're not going to clean up Jack until construction is done

i got a new tire. it is amazing. it has blower fins that blow fine gravel away before your tire hits it. 5000.00 each tire:bang head:

Latest posts

Back