Front Wheel Bearing and Assembly Question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cyrotronix

Reaction score
Greetings Vmax friends! I am a first time owner of one of these great bikes, and I've been doing some winter maintenance which has brought me to the front wheel bearings. I was unable to turn them with my finger so I decided to take them out. Which ended up being an awful nightmare because I couldn't get the distance spacer to move far enough out of way. When I finally did, I found the situation shown in the pictures. As I'm not too familiar with the setup on these, and I haven't found any good pictures of what that flat space is supposed to look like or do, I figured I'd come here. Because I'm guessing it's not supposed to be wedged onto the distance spacer like that? Maybe I'm wrong, but I wanted to verify before I go putting things back together.

Thanks for any help on this!
-Foy

Attachments

• IMG_20230115_165955582.jpg
    IMG_20230115_165955582.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230115_170000317.jpg
    IMG_20230115_170000317.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 0
That flange is there to prevent the spacer from falling down into the wheel. Not much magic to it.

Okay, so it’s supposed to be like that? Is that the way it’s supposed to go? The manual isn’t very clear in the orientation of it.

Last edited:
See the attached parts fisch.

Wheel Front.jpg

This shows the washer (#3) fitting on to the spacer (#2) from the speedo drive side.

Right, that much I could tell. I just wasn't sure if the flange was to face the inside of the hub or the outside, or if it even mattered. I ended up reassembling it as it came out, and hoped the previous owner had done it right. The wheel bearings turn now, so I'm thinking I have it all right.

I'd just never seen something like that before and I have a habit of over complicating things. 😂

I appreciate all the help, thanks!

Back