Fuel Pump issue and Tach Isuues

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scorpio37051

Reaction score
HI.
I have a 1985 VMAX. And I am having a series of problems and I could use some advise. The biggest problem is the fuel pump will only work if I have the switch set to "RES". If the switch is set to "On" the bike will run the bowls dry and quit. Also the VBOOST is suspossed to cycle once when I turn the bike on. It only does this some times. I can hear the geard motor hum for the time it should take to cycle but it does not move. And now the really wierd one. The tach will only work if I unplug the "Kick stand switch and the Neutral switch".

I assume that I have fried something. In the troubleshooting proc they all kind of mention the Ingitor unit. I had a very weak battery and tried to start it with a battery charger. I know I am a fricking idiot. :bang head:
But any help would be helpful. I love this bike and want her to be 110%.
I am in middle TN does anyone know of a super VMAX Mech?
Thanks for all the advise

It really sounds like you need to go through your electrical system. The first thing is to disconnect, thoroughly clean (I bet most are oxydized) and lubricate with dielectric grease every single connector you can find. Then there also are a few crimps in the harness that benefit from soldering as they also get corroded over time. Good luck!

Back