FZX700 Fazer

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lawman504

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently bought an 86 Fazer for $800. After a few hundred dollars for a carb repair and cleaning and after I rebuilt the clutch slave cylinder I was finally able to ride it last week. Runs like a champ and is super fun to ride.

Now I'm in the middle of a fork seal change and some progressive springs I got from Sean. I changed the seals and Springs in my VMAX a few years ago and it was a breeze. Not so much for the Fazer. It took me over an hour to get the old seals out of the lower assembly and during the process I ruined the race that goes down into it. Hopefully the Yamaha stealership has one tomorrow. I did get one of the forks reassembled tonight but even it wasn't an easy task like the VMAX was.

Sean if you see this, can you check to see if you have that race? It's called something else but the Yamaha part number is 3XC-23125-00-00. I found one on partzilla for about $15 but you are usually quicker about getting parts to me.

Anybody else have any ideas or experience in mods on the Fazers? Not many websites or forums on them since they are fairly rare in the states.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

There are a few Fazer forums though the biggest one is on facebook I think.
I have a ton of forks that I could take one apart but I don't think I have one of the parts on hand. Probably the bronze and anti stick lined guide that you're talking about.

Back