gear and carb issues/questions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgrowc1

Reaction score
I just noticed a few mins ago that when I try and move my bike while in first turned off it is really hard to do so - when holding in the clutch obviously. Then when I tun it on after doing this it will jump forward a little. When on and idling it is as easy as neutral to move around, not sure why???

Also I posted a vid a while ago, when I rev my bike it has a real tough time coming back down to 1000. Sometimes even stays at 3000 or so until I release the clutch a little to make it come down. I have been told by many people this is carb related and I am getting my carbs sorted out next week - sea foam helped but did not completely get rid of the issue - so can I expect this to get rid of the problem. I thought my throttle may have been sticking a little but have now ruled that out!

Thanks,
Mark

The hard rolling issue is prolly your clutch plates sticking together a little, that's OK, it's normal.

Are your carbs stock with stock pipes? If so the idle thing is prolly sync related....when was the last time they were sync'd? Shotgun would not be a bad idea either.

danny

Shotgun???

Background here mate - Just got the bike a month ago, got it from a friend from work who put about 300-500 miles on it driving to work in a year of him having it. Before that I think it sat for 6 months at a dealership so... needless to say I am trying to give it some TLC.

I did all the easy stuf myself but it is going in for a carb job/rebuild whatever next week (22nd!). I am guessing it has not been done before - an '03 with 6900 miles (6200 when I got it).

Thanks man!

Shotgun???

Background here mate - Just got the bike a month ago, got it from a friend from work who put about 300-500 miles on it driving to work in a year of him having it. Before that I think it sat for 6 months at a dealership so... needless to say I am trying to give it some TLC.

I did all the easy stuf myself but it is going in for a carb job/rebuild whatever next week (22nd!). I am guessing it has not been done before - an '03 with 6900 miles (6200 when I got it).

Thanks man!

The shotgun...helps clean out your idle circuits. An '03 with 7K prolly could use it, might solve your problems and save you a bunch of $'s.
http://vmax.lvlhead.com/tips/shotgun.htm

Latest posts

Back