gen 1 integrated tail light?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randu

Supporting Member
Reaction score
no idea how many ppl have owned my recently purchased '98, but at some point someone put on a cheap passenger back rest w cheap built in led turn signals that basically fell apart as im trying to restore bike. i see there are gen 2 integrated tail light /turn signals available-anyone done it on an older 1200? maybe by chopping rear fender?

God knows I have been obedient to the mod monkey for tail light trials.
I have butchered Triumph Speed Triple, 996 Monster, Harley VRod Muscle,
mix and match hack-away for that special look LOL....
The one fender combo I have now was custom made into the fender by
Ghost Rider Customs.
I have come to believe this, the more light out back the better visibility
the better safety.
The integrated L.E.D. tail light with L.E.D. blinker/run/brake and Back-offs
wired in on stalks mounted on the left and right sides for visual width perception is what I have gone for. That includes, in my case, the license plate
holder having a brake/run light.
112912164521.jpgIMAG0235.jpg20180128_012042.jpg20180209_220343.jpg20190413_214522.jpg

Attachments

• 20180128_005941.jpg
    20180128_005941.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 26
no idea how many ppl have owned my recently purchased '98, but at some point someone put on a cheap passenger back rest w cheap built in led turn signals that basically fell apart as im trying to restore bike. i see there are gen 2 integrated tail light /turn signals available-anyone done it on an older 1200? maybe by chopping rear fender?
I picked up an integrated tail light unit off of amazon a few weeks back. It was $70, and wired up easily enough. Fit right into the stock location, my only issue is that it doesn't illuminate the license plate like the stock set up does, other than that I'm happy. Run a search on amazon for vmax integrated taillight, while it claimed a month or more for delivery, I had in about two weeks.

EDIT: here is the link to the unit I am using:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q2LMQ85/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I picked up an integrated tail light unit off of amazon a few weeks back. It was $70, and wired up easily enough. Fit right into the stock location, my only issue is that it doesn't illuminate the license plate like the stock set up does, other than that I'm happy. Run a search on amazon for vmax integrated taillight, while it claimed a month or more for delivery, I had in about two weeks.

EDIT: here is the link to the unit I am using:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q2LMQ85/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thank you!

God knows I have been obedient to the mod monkey for tail light trials.
I have butchered Triumph Speed Triple, 996 Monster, Harley VRod Muscle,
mix and match hack-away for that special look LOL....
The one fender combo I have now was custom made into the fender by
Ghost Rider Customs.
I have come to believe this, the more light out back the better visibility
the better safety.
The integrated L.E.D. tail light with L.E.D. blinker/run/brake and Back-offs
wired in on stalks mounted on the left and right sides for visual width perception is what I have gone for. That includes, in my case, the license plate
holder having a brake/run light.
View attachment 75448View attachment 75449View attachment 75451View attachment 75452View attachment 75453
That looks awesome! Do you know if I can buy that somewhere?- so I can attempt it. -I also had know idea you could put a tire that size on a 1st gen vmax. Is that w everything else stock? Looks great

Hey randu, welcome and thank you.

Which of the pics are you referring to? Those lights are from all over.
The search included but was not limited to Ebay, swap meets, facebook market place etc.
Have you seen the Really cool plasma tube light's , the mod monkey loves those.
Now that 300 is sold as a kit or package from Mad Max Enterprise, Paul Civitello.
Look up his site, he's got a turbo AND supercharged Gen2, damn sick puppy speed freak LOL...

Back