Gen 2 coils upgrade

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowaleed

Reaction score
im thinking to upgrade my OEM coil for better preformance, is it make any gain in hp ? What is the best coils ? Worth it ?

Takai was one brand offered and what I have on the battlestar dragbike. Not sure they are worth the cost for just a few hp.

Sean,

I know that was Jon's bike. I was at his shop watching him take it apart. How goes it? How close are you to the 8's? I remember reading Tim was helping as well to achieve the 8 sec goal. Im glad the bike went to a good home...

Didn't I meet you at Thompson Dragway in Ohio when Jon sponsored a drag event about 13 years ago? I think I had my ZRX1224 drag bike there. Kept frying the tire. Jon was laughing at me.....

Time just doesn't stop, does it....

9.09 so far. Got another 30hp out of it at Tims place and got rid of the nitrous Jon had to use to get the 8 second pass. I was at the first Thompson event lol and met a lot of folks. Glad to meet them all.

Attachments

• 100_0547.JPG
    100_0547.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20180712_154658.jpg
    IMG_20180712_154658.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2430 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_2430 - Copy.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 31
Yep. I remember. I had this at Thompson. Jon and I raced and I smoked the tire. He just laughed at me... :(

I learned a lot from him...

Attachments

• MVC-001F.JPG
    MVC-001F.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 14
Good looking ZRX. I will refrain from saying much about Jon. The event went well and all I think had a good time. Even if I "lost" on a truly stock Vmax (that wasn't even mine and not ridden before that event) to a supposedly stock bike (that I ended up with the engine from some years after that was a 1500 by the way).

Back