German Vmax, 145hp modified or not?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToreB

Reaction score
Hi all.
I'm new to the vmax game, and please excuse if this post is answered elsewere. Also, I'm in a bit of a hurry getting the right bike to the right price.

I am to buy a '99 model vmax here in Norway, it's an imported bike from Germany.
That would normally be a european 100hp bike as far as I know.

The owner says it is a 145hp machine, and states that this is obtained just by pulling out some plastic restrictor in the carburettors. To my knowledge a 145hp modification would require both carb needle change, missing v-boost fitting as well as some electrical work and the described carb opening restrictor removal.

The bike is a very nice Black Max with low mileage and I really like it. However, I suspect the owner is misinformed and need some advice before buying this.
If it is a full-145hp bike the requested price is right, but if it is a euro-100 it is not.

Are anyone familiar with the German variants, is it that simple to unravel the full power?
Is the bike a full 145hp if the vboost device is fitted?

Thank you in advance,
Best regards from Oslo
Tore

You will need to cut the restrictors from the carb slides and fit a vboost assembly. This includes the manifolds, butterfly valve assembly,vboost controller and the servo motor.

Mark

That's great, many thanks!
So I'll just look for the vboost unit, if it's there it's OK. The unit is visible between the cylinders isn't it?
Regards,
Tore

Back