Great Ride Yesterday

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick78

Reaction score
I finally got a chance to catch up with my buddy and do a little riding yesterday afternoon. We both cut outta work early and met up for lunch followed by a spirited blast around town.
He has an 09 VFR 800 that he got last season and I'm still pretty green on my 03 Vmax that I got at the very end of last season. I've been riding alot this week so I'm getting the feel for this bike and I'm really liking it. I've had nothing but sport bikes in the past so I wasn't sure how I was going to like this new riding style. But to be honest, my style hasn't really changed all that much. The Vmax doesn't have the neck snapping torque in any gear at any RPM like my R6 does (I changed the gearing), but the Vmax makes up for that in the 6k to 9k RPM range.
My buddy and I were cruising next to each other in the same lane as we were talking shit about the stupid chick that just pulled out in front of us and forced us to jam on our brakes. It was a long straight away so I started down shifting trying to get close to 6k RPM before I cracked it open and I ended up down in 1st gear. I cracked the throttle hard and damn the front end felt weightless! I ran it out to redline until I hit 4th gear and then got off of it. That was definitely the hardest I'd been on it so far, but its become real clear that the Vmax has big balls.
I think I'm going to mess with the carbs alittle because I do feel a flat spot right in the middle of the RPM range. I feel strong in the low end, flat in the middle and like a rocket after 6k. The PO installed Kerker slipons and the stage 1 jet kit, but I'm pretty sure its running rich. Once I got home I noticed a few drips of oil on the ground that looks like its coming from where the oil pressure gauge connects into the block. I was going to change the oil today anyways so I'll have to see what I can do to fix that leak.
Overall it was a great ride with my buddy who thinks I should never get ride of my R6 because I'll never be able to keep up with group when we go out on our rides. But his question of "How much hp does that bike make" when we got to the next light after my blast to 100 mph I'm thinking he may respect the bike a little more then he did before yesterday.

Ill second the great ride. I got out for a few hours with my best friend. We had a nice little ride around dirty jersey. Gotta get a carb synch tool ASAP though. The bike definately isn't running its greatest.

your buddy shuld respect the max. I was riding last year ,a guy on a VFR with a chick on the back tried to pass me on a on ramp to the freeway. I thought oh hell no. So I jamed a few gears ,and he gave up after a 100 mph lol. I finaly waved him and his budy by me after a few miles. They were still cruising at around 80 on the free way going into town and I didnt feel like pressing my luck,

Latest posts

Back