Grips

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just used electrical tape wrapped around the bars...

Electrical tape only has gummy on one side. The other is smooth. How does that work ? Golf grip tape I can see; spray on a little solvent and both sides will bite when the glue activates but electrical tape ?What am I missing here ?

Chris.

I flip the tape after the first wrap. Then the sticky side is out. Oh, and Kury ISOs for me, too, in black.

The hairspray thing is really old. Been using that since the 60's. I always stick a long, thin flat blade screwdriver under the grip, gently rotate around till the grip just pulls off undamaged. I replaced the chrome plastic ends with black bar ends but many colors are available. I like the gel grips shown in the picture. Tacky grip with some vibration reduction and comfortable because of being softer.

Attachments

• Right Grip.jpg
    Right Grip.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 29
last grips i did said not to use hair spray (oury) but rubbing alcohol, couldn't be happier with the results.

Electrical tape only has gummy on one side. The other is smooth. How does that work ? Golf grip tape I can see; spray on a little solvent and both sides will bite when the glue activates but electrical tape ?What am I missing here ?

Chris.

Makes the bars thick enough that the friction alone will hold the grips inn place nicely.

last grips i did said not to use hair spray (oury) but rubbing alcohol, couldn't be happier with the results.

I have used Oury grips also. Have had no problems in 40 years of using the cheapest hair spray available. Not sure why they don't want you to use. :confused2:

I bought this little tube of honda handgrip glue probably 5 years ago, it's enough to do dozens of grips and cost like $5. The glue itself is really slippery so it helps work on tight grips and after a couple minutes starts to set up. It's the same stuff as ThreeBond griplock.

Don't buy the cheap knock off D3 grips on ebay. I had a pair on my Z for about a week. The inner metal ring came loose almost immediately and would slip whenever you twisted the grip. Drove me nuts.

Latest posts

Back