GRRRR... Damn Auto Log out!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

82ndCowboy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
:bang head::bang head::bang head:

I sat down earlier this evening with a nice frosty beverage and some hostess cup cakes.

Got all set to catch up on the 3 pages of New Posts.
Got through the first three threads and while reading the COP thread which took about 20-30 minutes to catch up on.
I went to go back to new posts and I had been logged out.

:damn angry::damn angry::damn angry:

So I then went and cleaned out all my cookies and cache files and re launched my browser.
Then I was left with only getting to read todays post. And it sucked because when you go to todays post it doesn't have that little icon that takes you to the last read post in the thread.

I know I've bitched about this before. But I felt the need to vent again.

So how do you guys catch up on the new posts ???

You can go to the search tab and then go to the advanced search. From there you can go to posts from a certian date (2 days, 3 days ago, etc.) and it will list all the posts.

I know I've bitched about this before. But I felt the need to vent again.

So how do you guys catch up on the new posts ???

I've been having a similar problem here too. I'll log in, and see maybe 20-30 new posts.

I read maybe 8-10 of them, and suddenly they all disappear as if they'd been read, but they have not and I'm positive I did not mark any forums read.

Mentioned it to Buster, but he didn't reply on this one. Maybe we have a little nasty bug here :confused2:

Yeah, that's happened for a long time. I just click today's post and work my way back up the list.

When I log in I click the remember me box and I've never had an auto logout problem.

of course not good if your sharing computers.

LOL, a long time ago a guy I worked with, Joey, left himself logged in on a computer while he went to run an errand. Another worker sat down then opened Joey's inter-departmental email.

When I asked him what he was laughing about, he said while emailing a love letter to the supervisor and cc'ing the rest of the crew "its about time Joey came out of the closet."

So remembering to log off when away from your computer is a good thing :biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back