Gruber Power Services Battery in and running..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laxfan

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Got my new battery the other day and installed it today.

The battery is a knockoff of the Odyssey PC680 and it is made by Gruber Power Services. Has all the same specs, just not the pretty colors. They are being sold on Ebay for $89.95....I ordered mine direct off their website for $58.00 :punk: they have since changed the website price to match the Ebay price. :hmmm:

anyway, here is a pic....
fjvmax008hl3.jpg

Nothin' special to look at but it fit like a glove.....

fjvmax009ko2.jpg

after install I turned the key , hit the start button , and the thing cranked over like there were no such concepts as friction or compression. Bike fired right up after 6 months of slumber and off I went for the first ride of the year and my very first ride on the VMAX!!

All I can say is :cheers:

Just thought I would let everyone know that there is another battery option out there. I will update my findings after some real mileage.

http://www.gruberpower.com/

They work so well because there is over 800 AA batteries inside of them! :rofl_200:

LOL!!! I kill me.

Wow, you get a great deal, the cheapest I could find for the Odyssey was $130.00 delivered, so your $58 even without delivery was great. I went with the Walmart wet cell oversize the Sean wrote about and it was pretty easy to cut up the box. I zip tied the bottom thru the original bolt holes to the bar the the bow sits on for extra security. Also, I left the part of the box that goes into the hook on the frame in the front and hose clamped it to the frame on the front side of the cross member. It's not going to move forward into the engine section any more than the 3/4 inch that it needs to. Plenty of power to spin the motor now and it was only $44.00 from the local Walmart (no expensive heavy battery shipping). You also don't get the acid, if a wet cell is shipped. Also bought the $18.00 float recharger, 1.5 amp. Well worth the money, won't boil the water out and won't overcharge.

Red

Hey Guys,
Got my new battery the other day and installed it today.

The battery is a knockoff of the Odyssey PC680 and it is made by Gruber Power Services. Has all the same specs, just not the pretty colors. They are being sold on Ebay for $89.95....I ordered mine direct off their website for $58.00 :punk: they have since changed the website price to match the Ebay price. :hmmm:

after install I turned the key , hit the start button , and the thing cranked over like there were no such concepts as friction or compression. Bike fired right up after 6 months of slumber and off I went for the first ride of the year and my very first ride on the VMAX!!

All I can say is :cheers:

Just thought I would let everyone know that there is another battery option out there. I will update my findings after some real mileage.

http://www.gruberpower.com/

Back