Has anyone here tried one of these wheels yet?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ebay Rims

I see that it appears to be the same guy using a new ebay listing. It only took me 15 minutes of reading through the ten page thread to confirm it was the same guy! LOL

Thanks in any case, one question though, is the 17 inch rim or 18 inch rim better for handling/looks? I think I like the slightly "meatier" look of the 17 with the 18 inch stock front...:bang head:

i have one of eightsnuff 18" solid wheels not bad for the price to get to a radial tire. the 18" with a 180/55 tire is about the same height as the stock tire but 18" radial tire selection is not great. the 17" tires are very common among sportbikes and you can find dozens of sizes but for the most part they are shorter in height.
it basically comes down to personal preference i choose the black 18" solid because it closely matches the stock wheels and the 17" spoke does not match the stock front. there is plenty of info on these wheels he sells just read them all and listen to detailed updates from guys that bought them.
Chris :punk:

OK first off I dont have a wheel from this guy Eightsenuff, I was also looking at his wheels before seeing pictures of his wheel on VMAX's.

1) They are heavier than factory.
2) The offset is horrible (from the pictures I have seen)
3) Is he incorporated buisness insurance?
I dont know about you, but I wouldnt want a back wheel on my bike that is capable of speeds of 160+ MPH from a guy that makes these wheel in his garage.

Look into Kosman Wheels, they sell the upgraded larger wheel. The offset is great centered on the bike. They are an excellent company with superb qaulity products. With Shipping its like 175.00-250.00 more to me in this case 250.00 is worse the risk when it comes to a rear wheel.
How much do you value your life or those you ride with?

Heavier? The V-rod wheel is but I doubt the Suzuki wheel would be.

"2) The offset is horrible (from the pictures I have seen)"

Mine is pretty much dead center.
:ttiwwp:

If you can. take a picture from the rear of your VMAX with an Ebay Eightsenuff wheel on please. I would like to see another one. I have only seen 2 so far and both had a noticeble offset more than my likings.

I bought one of eightsnuff’s V-Max 18" X 5.5" Rear “Black Rim with the Red Stripe” off of eBay. I own a Anniversary Edition 2005 V-MAX and a VRSCA 2002 V-ROD. I plan on putting the same tires that I run on the V-ROD on the V-MAX, Dunlop D207ZR’s Front 120/70ZR19 V-ROD and Rear 180/55ZR18 V-ROD. The question is that I know the Rear 180/55ZR18 Dunlop will fit on eightsnuff’s V-Max 18" X 5.5" Rear Rim but will the Front 120/70ZR19 Dunlop fit on the V-MAX Front Stock Rim? I have the bikes sitting next to each other and the 19” V-ROD tire looks like it will fit the V-MAX Front Stock Rim? Has anybody done this already? Hutch

Last edited:
looks can be Deceiving the stock front vmax wheel is 18" and your vrod front is 19" so the answer is no it will not fit but there are a few radial tire options for the front 18" wheel . i run a 110/80/18zr metzler z6 front and a 180/55/18zr metzler me880 rear on a eightsnuff vrod wheel. they work very well together.
Chris :punk:

Chris,

Thanks, I figured it would probably not work. I have been looking at the Metzlers and will probably wind up getting them if I do not find a good Front Tire match for the Dunlop Rear 180/55ZR18. Thanks again for the quick Reply. Hutch

Robert,

The one I bought is at this link his name is eightsnuff http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/eightsnuff/ . From the V-Max Forums they say he is a standup guy so I decided to go with him and I bought his V-Max 18" X 5.5" Rear “Black Rim with the Red Stripe” off of eBay. The thread you posted to has a bunch of info about this particular rim. Hope this helps, Hutch

Robert,

The one I bought is at this link his name is eightsnuffhttp://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/eightsnuff/. From the V-Max Forums they say he is a standup guy so I decided to go with him and I bought his V-Max 18" X 5.5" Rear ?Black Rim with the Red Stripe? off of eBay. The thread you posted to has a bunch of info about this particular rim. Hope this helps, Hutch

Thanks! Sadly he doesn't have any posted right now.
You going to post pictures of your wheels?
I'm wanting to upgrade my rear. But I don't want to have to do both to have them match.

Thanks! Sadly he doesn't have any posted right now.
You going to post pictures of your wheels?
I'm wanting to upgrade my rear. But I don't want to have to do both to have them match.
Robert,

Yep, I will post pictures but this MOD is a Winter project of mine. But there is a senior member to this forum named MAXCRUISER that goes into detail about his experience buying and installing the same rim that I bought. If you look on page six of this thread he even has pictures posted of the Rear “Black Rim with the Red Stripe” installed on his V-Max. I see that you are a Patriot Guard Rider, I am also in the Patriot Guard and do missions around Northern California. I am also Active Duty AirForce and I appreciate your support for the Guard. Take Care, Hutch65

any of the OEM wheels from 86 and on are "damn near solid". Note he did not say it was completely solid.

Sean

I have been using the 18" rear from eightsenuff for 3 years now and am very happy with it.I am switching to a Metzler 880 Marathon this spring to match my 120/18 Metzler up front. The offset gave no handling issues what soever. My front tire was my problem and was cured with the 120/18 which barely fit under the front fender. No problems at all at highway speed. The 18" rear lowered my highway rpm from 5.5-6k down to 3.8-4k at 65mph. My neighbor has a Vrod with the same rear wheel but he moved up to a 200/18 Metzler and had to notch fender and belt guard to fit. He has the solid wheels with 19" front and reports no real issues with crosswinds. My Max is an 03 and I retrofitted and 85 front wheel as I like the looks better. There were no issues on fitment for the rotors or anything else. The look of the bigger tire filling up the space below the rear fender is a huge improvement. The welding on the 18" is a trifle cobby but does not show up once installed. A good bargain in my opinion. My tire installer says he can fit a 200 tire by trimming the left side but I am happy with the 180 as is. So now I have 18"s front and rear and by the way the 120 front made a huge improvement in turning my Max.

Back