Help, I can't open my seat.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KY_BOB

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place for this question,. My apologies if it isn't. I also apologize if this is a stupid question as I am fairly new to the Vmax.

My problem, I went out to start the Vmax for the first time in a couple of months and the battery was dead. I know that the battery is under the front seat and assume that there are some bolts to remove it under the part of the seat where you fuel the bike. Correct?

The real problem, I pull the release to raise the center section of the seat, it moves but doesn't release the seat. I've beat on it, pulled on it, ect while pulling on the release but nothing. I keep some sunglasses in there wrapped in a handkerchief and assume that something has the mechanism jammed but I can't get to it to fix it.

As it is right now, I couldn't even put gas in it much less charge the battery.

HELP!

Hang on a second there friend. You did pop the center section up right? I mean, you have put gas in your Max right? If so and, there are two bolts on either side of the area beside the fuel fill area. If you follow the plastic seat base to the frame area on either side of the rubber fuel boot and down low, there are TWO BOLTS! Take those two bolts off and the seat will lift the center flip section and the front seat together. There is a plastic lip under the front of the seat that captures the front of the seat but is in no way attached. When you lift the rear of the seat, slide the whole assembly back totowards the tail and Voila! Hey, do what I do, throw them two seat bolts away. I do seat chenages in one minute depending on my mood and the length of my trip.

Thanks guys, I got it. The tool pouch strap had come unhooked and a corner of the pouch was jammed in the latch the last time that I had shut it.

You did pop the center section up right?

I didn't do a good job describing the problem, I couldn't get the center to pop up to get to the bolts.

For what it's worth, the battery is charged and she's running fine! :eusa_dance:

Back