Help!! She started to whine

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjsonar

Reaction score
Ok I need help on what to do now.
When I let off the throttle I am now getting a whine and I feel a vibration in the handlebars. :bang head: It doesn't matter what gear I am in. If I pull in the clutch I get no whine or vibration. When I get down to about 5 to 10 MPH then the problem seems to go away. The problem is only on deceleration if I am getting on the throttle the bike performs normally.

Thanks for you Help in advanced

Mike W.

Not an expert but I'd look at the final drive. It's probably a little loose and the teeth are binding on decel. Could be a middle drive gear tooth noise too, Can you isolate the whine to either the middle drive or rear end area? Running on a dyno would definately help here, you could listen with a stethoscope to find the offending area. Running in gear on the center stand may help but without a load on the drive tire, you may not be able to duplicate the noise.
Good luck, I'm sure you'll get lot's of help here.

Ok I need help on what to do now.
When I let off the throttle I am now getting a whine and I feel a vibration in the handlebars. :bang head: It doesn't matter what gear I am in. If I pull in the clutch I get no whine or vibration. When I get down to about 5 to 10 MPH then the problem seems to go away. The problem is only on deceleration if I am getting on the throttle the bike performs normally.

Thanks for you Help in advanced

Mike W.

Can you provide us with how many miles you have on your ride?

When this happened to me it was final drive. The nut holding the pinion gear sheared off.

Back