Here's a score for y'all!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly that price seems a bit steep for a "sitter". There's been ethanol in gas for several years now in some states, and while regular gas turns to varnish and makes a gooey mess, it's not uncleanable. I've seen a few ethanol gas carbs that had been sitting and the water the ethanol absorbs rusted the inside of them so badly the entire carb was trash. All the jets snapped off from seized threads, passageways were rusted shut.....couldn't be rebuilt. Garbage.

It'll need carb work, tires, battery, likely electrical work. Sometimes these "ran when parked" machines end up being total money pits.

I've seen nice condition '85 runners go for around $2000...so $1750 for a barn queen is no deal.

Get him down to a grand and you'd be more in the ball park.

OK, I will be the first person to ask,
"what's the VIN?" Always of-interest where a 1985 is concerned. I agree about the price, too-high, that's the price for a running bike w/30K+ miles on it which needs everything replaced but with no second gear issues. Yeah, could be a money pit, so why not price accordingly, or get it running again if all it needs is 'carbs cleaned?' Because in the end, after you replace tires/battery/brake pads/pay to clean the carbs/rebuild the brakes/replace the clutch/some switches/cables/cooling system components, you just spent easily double what this guy is asking, which could buy you a much-newer model here in South FL.

Pass.

Put him in-contact w/the San Francisco guy and maybe someone would buy them both for a grand, but only with clear titles.

I am only about 1 hr from Lakewood! I will agree on the price is too high. I bought a sitter fazer years ago, I paided too much for it then and it had a title. I honestly wouldn't touch a bike with no title and a sitter for more than about 500 bones. It is a huge gamble, I have been there when they tell you the history of the bike etc. It is always they truly cannot remember how it was or they lie like a mutha to get rid of it. Last thing anyone needs is a hot bike or a pile of parts for way too much money.

G

Back