Hid Conversion ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

project1972

Reaction score
Anyone did a conversion to a HID bulb on the standard headlight ?

I noticed that there are a bunch of sellers offering conversion kits on ebay and other sites, but I don't know how they will work on the standard V max reflector, also I don't know where to place the ballast.

Anyone can post his experience with HID conversion ?

This kit look nice, with Hi and Low Dual Beams:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BI-X...001QQitemZ110201812393QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Nobody did an HID conversion, at least on other bike or car ?

HID bulbs work ok on standard reflectors ?

Time ago I read that HID bulbs need a custom designed reflector to focus correctly, it appear to be true because the cars that use HID bulbs from factory use a much different reflector, but I don't know about conversion kits.

I like HID lights very much, they are much more brighter than any other type of bulb and they use a lot less power.

HID bulbs normally are 35 W but they easy outperform 90 W standard bulbs.

Try posting this on VMOAtech ..I think a few have done it on that list

Thanks, I found some info here. At least there is someone who did the mod on a Vmax.

It looks good !!! but he recommend to use the 4300 k bulb instead of the 6000 K or the light is too blue.

I will order one kit, I have HID on my Vette, it come from factory with HID, and I really like that light.

Back