HID Projection light in stock dome?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DigitalArts

Reaction score
DDM tuning setup will for in stock housing. Would recommend them over random eBay stuff as it carries a life time warranty and are utilized by a lot of the members here.

Sent from my LG-G3 using Tapatalk

If you're putting a whole tiny projector you'd be better off getting a two-projector over under setup from eBay and using a Ddmtuning.com kit. Otherwise you'll be ungluing the stock housing, cutting the reflector section, and putting it back together... Not fun, and no way to go back if it doesn't work for you.

If you're putting a whole tiny projector you'd be better off getting a two-projector over under setup from eBay and using a Ddmtuning.com kit. Otherwise you'll be ungluing the stock housing, cutting the reflector section, and putting it back together... Not fun, and no way to go back if it doesn't work for you.

Could you link me to one of those setups? I searched it but didn't find anything.

Also, DDM Tuning has plenty of HID kits, but I want a projector for them so that I don't blind everyone. Where can I get an h4 projector that will fit in our stock gen 1 headlight housing?

I'd want to see one in person, or at least a video of one of these projectors mounted to a bike. Any lamp can be advertised as "super bright" - too subjective, too ambiguous. I'd want to know the cold hard facts - the lumens output and beam pattern. I didn't see mention of either one in their literature.
Just me, being my anal self.
Cheers!

I had an Adjure reflector/light but the plated reflector surface wore-out after awhile, and I had to replace it, I think it was another 'made in China' item. It was on a Big-Twin H-D. I replaced it w/a late-model FL clear lens stock H-D reflector, the one w/the H-D 'jewel' in the center, which I don't think will work for a proector because of that. I suppose if you really wanted-to, you might be able to remove that. The lens itself has very little 'fluting,' and is essentially clear. I liked that one so-much, I found another complete H-D bucket/lens and installed it on my VMax. I like a 7" pie-plate headlight, it reminds me of a locomotive's headlamp.

Last edited:
This is my set-up, as a clear lens from Sean and a BikeMaster H.I.D.
Its a High and Low beam unit which as I shopped I saw that a lot weren't .
This is a really Arc White light out-put, not the bluish type Iv seen on some bikes and cars too. I did have people ask if my brights where on in the daylight hours so I have adjusted it down with no effect on the low or high beam illumination at night.

Attachments

• 174.jpg
    174.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 41
About how deep would you say the stock headlight is from back to glass?

I feel like this will be my most limiting factor should I choose to go the projector route

It's not very deep, but you also don't want to use the stock diffuser lens. That negates the advantage of the projector housing. There are 7" projector housings on eBay that would probably drop into an emgo bucket. That might work for you.

If you still have the stock set-up you'll have to measure that distance,
I couldn't tell you as Im not using the completely stock bucket.

Latest posts

Back