Historic Rochester NY dealer photos

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
I found these recently on another site, they are copyrighted by the descendent of the subjects in the photos.

These photos are courtesy of Kirk R. Towner, grandson of Richard T. Towner Sr. Copyright ? 2007
towner-brothers.jpg
hill-climb.jpg
motorcycle-club.jpg
richard-t-towner-sr.jpg

frank-towner.jpg

frasier-towner.jpg

towner-brothers-shop.jpg

Having grown up in the Rochester NY metro area, I well-recall Robinson Cycles on Ridge Rd. in Spencerport, who handled English and European brands, and whose children both boys and girls, rode motorcycles and raced them. Tom and Dave Robinson are still active today, as far as I know, it's been awhile since I ran into them at Daytona.

If you take a look at the two women in the camping pic, some things never go out of style when you ride a v-twin!

If you take a look at the two women in the camping pic, some things never go out of style when you ride a v-twin!

yup....playing with guns without hassle and big bossomed women!!

Hardcore is right Danny.....that's some big iron to play with on that kind of terrain..........

Ya gotta wonder what the folks in those pictures would have thought if somehow you could plop a VMax - Gen1 or Gen2, doesn't matter - in front of them.

Then, let them take a ride on one!!!

Back