history buffs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spoken in that context that Hitler used it, yes it was "My Struggle."
Directly translated though is "my fight." It annoys me that German words translated into English mean different things than they do in German. That's part of the reason it took me so long to competely learn the language.

We're both right :eusa_dance:

It was supposed to be taken lightly, in a funny way. Not seriously. Jeez.

It was supposed to be taken lightly, in a funny way. Not seriously. Jeez.

it's all good my friend, i am of a german decent from mom and dad and it's a touchy subject, considering hitler was half jewish, and according to lankee my parents were toads. toad face magoo

Howdy, Im a world History teacher, and not saying I kwow every damned detail, but Im happy to share the stuff I do know. Sadly schools are starting to dump world histroy to make room for more scinece and math classes. I was stunned at that. Not that I think my stuff is anymore important than other subjects, but hell, the title says it all.. WORLD HISTORY ....Its just EVERY damend thing that ever happend on the planet ... and seven versions of Heaven! Let me know if I can help in any way.

Do you really teach world history or just the curriculum they set aside for you to "ahem" teach. I found that most of what they taught us in school was just BS. Real world history is way more upsetting than most people think.

Birch, yeah Im really a teacher, and we all have to follow some state standards of some kind, in every state as far as I know. But I tell about rapes, chopped off arms, great poetry, what it might be like to be on a long sailing voyage and run out of water. I show them pics of castles and ask them how long it would take them to chizel out ONE block of stone into a square building block. And then look at how many tens of thousands of blocks in a castle wall. Its a bitch of a job, cuz im up against too many intrusions in kids minds, mainly cell phones and damned Ipods. Kids are enslaved by those two things. I love my work, but between personal eletronics and drugs and shitty parenting at home, it takes huge effort to get kids to see the connection between then and now and the future.. I try my ass off every day

Back