1985 fork brace

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NHMax

Reaction score
So during the fall I pulled my forks and fork brace off for seals and powder coating

Coater did not realize the fork brace was magnesium and acid dipped it, destroying it
they sourced another and powder coated it
FIANALLY got around to installing them

it appears the fork brace does not fit ?!?!?!?! what years are the same as my 1985 so I can try and find one
Or what years are compatible?
is there a aftermarket stronger one out there?

The small front end, downtubes, sliders, triple trees, for the 1985-1992, where the downtubes are 40 mm, I believe are one front fender mount & brace listed as 1FK-2313A-00-00, while the larger forks from 1993-'07, are listed as another. The 3LR-2313A-00-00 is for the larger '93-'07 forks & front fender.

I checked the '07 listing and the part # is one digit different: 3LR-2313A-10-00. That may just mean a different paint finish on it, as I suspect that all 43 mm downtube front ends ('93-'07) use the same fender mount.

If anyone has a difference of opinion on what fits, please post what you know.

Last edited:
Re the part # digit, the ninth and tenth digits of the part number indicates differences, corrections or modifications to the original part number. The ninth digit position (000-00000-X0-00) maybe substituted with a letter. This position indicates variations that may exist within a specific item,
The tenth digit of the part number (000-00000-0X-00) indicates the number of times the design of the part has been changed.

The bottom of the 85-92 braces will be cast with 1FK while the 93-07 Braces will be something different (and not interchangeable)

That's aftermarket, I have one, they're much more-rigid than the OEM. Kyle's pricing is fair, and you will be able to know it's in decent shape, as he gives you accurate info on his inventory. Same goes for Sean Morley. There are other members on here who sell parts if they purchase a parts bike.

That said, please exercise caution, as we have had scammers on here at one time or another. You could do a search to see how often a seller has parts for sale.

Back