HMF or Supertrapp?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srx2002

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm about to order an exhaust setup for my mostly stock 06 vmax. the only thing it has in way of modifications are 1: t-boost 2: k&N filter.

Here are some points to take into consideration:

1:) I would really like to leave my carbs completely stock, with the exception of maybee taking the plugs out to get at the A/F mixture screws to make small adjustments if needed.

2:) I also live in a small isolated town that the bike barely sees over 80 MPH. I'm not into drag racing at all, and top speed is not important. Low to mid range acceleration is FAR mor important for me.

3:) I live at sea level, and in Northen Canada...the temperatures are always pretty cool compared to where most of you guys live ( Right now -> Sept 28th it's 7 deg cel ( 44 F )

4:) I believe my stock jetting set-up is 150 for 2,4 and 152.5 for 1,3

5:) I'm looking for a really really nice low rumble that's very different from my " 5 hole drill " stock set-up

6:) Fit and finish is important.

8:) which one will give me a little extra power in the low to mid...taking into account I am not changing anything inside the carbs.

Ok Guys ..that's about as good as I can describe the situation....What would you reccomend I purchase?

If you reccomend HMF, why?
if your reccomend Supertrapp. why?

P.S I hope I gave you guys/gals enough detail to help me with my decison.

Don't forget Dale Walkers Holeshots...

Awesome quality and you don't have to wait for them like some others...:thumbs up:

www.holeshot.com There are sound clips on his site as well.:banana:

My bike came with supertraps and they are just OK to me. Those Mark's sound awesome, at least in the clip.

Back