home made Manometer lol

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well, considering i only had 5cc of water in the tube and the engine would be running if it was sucked in, wasn't too worried. can blow it out pretty quick with some RPM... besides, water injection makes HP at RPM and steam cleans as it goes thru lol :biglaugh:

You know....I kinda thought that the front carb was out of wack. Your right! I really dont know why I didnt try to adjust it :confused2:...sooo, manometer does work :biglaugh: I feel a rush of succes running through me now lol. Thanks guys for figuring out my problem.:clapping:

Here is the one I use, sorry for the low quality pic but you get the idea. The best part is, there is no chance of sucking fluid into your engine. All you have to do is adjust it until the levels of fluid in the bottles are static and not flowing from one to the other. Could have set this up with four bottles but that just gets unweildy. Best of all it is small!

photo.jpg

Here is the one I use, sorry for the low quality pic but you get the idea. The best part is, there is no chance of sucking fluid into your engine. All you have to do is adjust it until the levels of fluid in the bottles are static and not flowing from one to the other. Could have set this up with four bottles but that just gets unweildy. Best of all it is small!

photo.jpg
Well crap..wished I;d of seen this sooner.Boy thats dope simple.What a clever idea!!

I built one last weekend, copying the one that started this thread, and adding the coaxial restrictors (nice idea!). I used water as the fluid, but built mine 7 ft high thinking it would have much farther to travel before getting sucked into the engine. I think it cost ~$30-$40 to build. It worked like a champ, but my carbs were already pretty close. Following the synch, I performed the shotgun where I found the real problem to my hesitation problem (#3 carb mixture screw was cruddy). Then I synch'ed it again (didn't need it) and am done (for now).

Greg

I built one last weekend, copying the one that started this thread, and adding the coaxial restrictors (nice idea!). I used water as the fluid, but built mine 7 ft high thinking it would have much farther to travel before getting sucked into the engine. I think it cost ~$30-$40 to build. It worked like a champ, but my carbs were already pretty close. Following the synch, I performed the shotgun where I found the real problem to my hesitation problem (#3 carb mixture screw was cruddy). Then I synch'ed it again (didn't need it) and am done (for now).

Greg

nice job, Greg :clapping: and welcome to the forum!

Back