Horn for Vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, then, that really expands the mounting locations then for the Stebel. :thumbs up:
The COP's mod is looking like a must do now for sure! Not as if it wasn't before the ideas for re-purposing of the old coil locations!:eusa_dance:

I reckon I'm still gonna try the Fiamm Dual AM-80 Trumpets. They'll fit inside my engine guards perfectly.
http://www.ridesafer.com/Fiamm_Dual_AM_80_High_Performance_Trumpet_Horns_Ki_p/h0011.htm

I just need to find a local reseller as ridesafer wants over $20 to ship them :damn angry:

UPDATE! Both Advance Auto Parts and Pep Boys sell Fiamm horns, they're both local so I'm gonna find out how much they sell 'em for!

I have similar ones but Denso brand. I just put them within the engine guards.

I haven't bought one in a few years, but a 6V horn is crazy, paranoid loud. But don't lean on it for more than about 5-10 seconds or you'll burn it up. But impatient loud!!! A horn with a temper. Used to be able to buy them through JC Whitney.
Smackdown

Just found this link for a Stebel horn that has the horn and compressor separated.
Gadget's_airhorn
He has a ton of ideas that could be applied to most any motorcycle. Gadget's toolbox

Dang, Brian, you beat me to it! I was going to link these pages as well.
Great site, SO much info, especially for DIY guys like me.
I did the garage door opener mod several years ago, works like a charm. Lots of basic electrical as well.
Cheers, Miles

Back