how many vmaxes

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nd4topspd

Reaction score
Just stoling through the garage and counting how many 1990 vmaxes there are and I beleive I found only 3. Got me thinking does anyone know the number of vmaxes made in each production year? I think my year will be worth the most since its the fewest:rofl_200:

Not sure of the number of 'MAX's made that year, but '90 was a pretty good year. Of course we all know that '96 was by far the best looking & most powerful VMAX of all production years, but who's keeping track?:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Just stoling through the garage and counting how many 1990 vmaxes there are and I beleive I found only 3. Got me thinking does anyone know the number of vmaxes made in each production year? I think my year will be worth the most since its the fewest:rofl_200:

I hope you're right ! :clapping:

wasn't 1990 the year yamaha started building the vmax again? Seems like thats in my mind for some reason. Did they stop building 1 or 2 years in there?:ummm:

yip I stand corrected then for sure:biglaugh: I still think there is a year or 2 that they stopped making the max:ummm:

Don't we only want to know how many were made the FIRST year???:punk:
that is of course the veddy veddy important year!

wasn't 1990 the year yamaha started building the vmax again? Seems like thats in my mind for some reason. Did they stop building 1 or 2 years in there?:ummm:
I think I read somewhere that 1988 was a very low or no production year.

Okay, I'm so old I was there! 1987 was a no production year. I had an '85 and was excited that I had such a short run bike - not! Insurance was unbelievably high. I've heard that is was around $5000/year in California because it had been black-listed by insurance companies (whatever that means). And this is in 1987 dollars so that is around $9,300 in today's dollars!!

Okay, I'm so old I was there! 1987 was a no production year. I had an '85 and was excited that I had such a short run bike - not! Insurance was unbelievably high. I've heard that is was around $5000/year in California because it had been black-listed by insurance companies (whatever that means). And this is in 1987 dollars so that is around $9,300 in today's dollars!!
Good call! This is what I was thinking of.
http://vmax.lvlhead.com/tips/vmaxhistory2.htm

I have heard that 1 in 4 of the original owners were getting themselves killed in the first couple years the Max was out. I was told that was the reason the insurance was so high back then. It was a brute of a mortorcycle in that time. I actually saw one in the late 80's on a drag strip here in Florida, it went into a high speed wobble. The rider hit a retaining wall at the very end of the strip and died.

I've owned 2 1990 vmaxes and the first one which I purchased new did the wobble thing on me a few times but so far knock on wood the one I have now doesn't have the wobbles:biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back