How much is my v-max worth?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbidcow55

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just bought this bike today and want to know your opinions. Overall, the bike is very clean, but tranny makes some whining noise. I have a 98 max aswell in a little bit better condition and was told I could get $5000 for it with 8000 miles. Let me know what you guys think!!!
:clapping: :clapping:

I paid $5200 for my "99 model. I bought it in early 2005 when it had 9300 miles on it. From what I have seen since then I think I bought it maybe $800-$1000 less than it was worth at the time.

Prices vary a lot but generally my guess is a 98 right now in perfect shape would sell for somewhere between $4500-$5800. The price REALLY depends on how bad the seller wants to sell and how bad the buyer wants to buy, emotion plays a big part in this.

It's hard to shop these bikes around and figure out what they are really worth because there are so few of them out there for sale to compare with.

I paid $5200 for my "99 model. I bought it in early 2005 when it had 9300 miles on it. From what I have seen since then I think I bought it maybe $800-$1000 less than it was worth at the time.

Prices vary a lot but generally my guess is a 98 right now in perfect shape would sell for somewhere between $4500-$5800. The price REALLY depends on how bad the seller wants to sell and how bad the buyer wants to buy, emotion plays a big part in this.

It's hard to shop these bikes around and figure out what they are really worth because there are so few of them out there for sale to compare with.

Yep - emotion does play a big factor. Bottom line is that if YOU are happy paying 'x' amount of dollars for 'v' bike, then it's worth it. I've always admired the Max and have wanted one since piloting one back in '88 (I was 18 at the time and although still an experienced rider, I have no idea why this guy I hardly knew let me take her for a spin - but I appreciated the generosity and it left an impression that has stayed with me another 18 years). Anyway, my girlfriend's brother had a 2000 carbon fiber model in good shape with 15k miles that he had since 1200 miles (so he was ALMOST the original owner). I told him to let me know if he ever was going to sell it (even though I already have too many bikes). I paid $4000 and was happy with the deal. Now my only problem is that I seldom want to ride the other bikes!

Holy crap that is a good deal!!:banana: I'm going to get you to buy my next bike!!

Back