I am now working on Hondas

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainKyle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am helping my Buddy with his car. I started to pick it up & put it in the back of my truck but was feeling lazy so I towed it. Here are a couple pics I call it a clown car.:rofl_200:

Attachments

• Lyles car 001.jpg
    Lyles car 001.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 60
  • Lyles car 002.jpg
    Lyles car 002.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 50
I am helping my Buddy with his car. I started to pick it up & put it in the back of my truck but was feeling lazy so I towed it. Here are a couple pics I call it a clown car.:rofl_200:

My aunt had that model of Honda. She has owned it since it was new and has put 500,000 miles or more on it. If you need I have the original Continental tires for it. I also know where there is a stash of NOS parts for those cars. Im not sure of the pricing but there is a warehouse that has a crap load of body, hood, doors, tops, and motor stuff.

My aunt had that model of Honda. She has owned it since it was new and has put 500,000 miles or more on it. If you need I have the original Continental tires for it. I also know where there is a stash of NOS parts for those cars. Im not sure of the pricing but there is a warehouse that has a crap load of body, hood, doors, tops, and motor stuff.
Thanks I will talk with my buddy & see if he needs anything. I am pretty sure he has most stuff. we just took it off the rotisserie & put the engine back in should be painted soon.

Another of my retired firefighter friends has the sportscar version of that. It was never imported here, it was brought back by a serviceman. Pretty cool-looking, much better-looking than that style, what Car & Driver called an "Angry Overshoe." Here is Kyle's style:
drivers_side.jpg

http://honda600coupe.com/

Here's a great article on then from Car and Driver: http://honda600coupe.com/Car_Driver_April_1972.pdf
It's a great read. Interestingly, they had about the same performance as a 1961-1965 VW Beetle and they had a h.p. listing the same as a 1957-1960 beetle: 36 h.p. (mentioned in the C and D article). The Beetles before they went to the bigger motors of 1300-1500 cc, when they were 1192 cc, had top speeds of 72 mph on flat land, and because of the way they were geared, they were capable of doing that all-day long, as long as you kept the valves adjusted. If you didn't adjust the valves, the inside cyl exhaust valves would deteriorate. At the rear wheels, those 1200 cc VW's had 19 r.w.h.p. which is probably about the same as these Hondas. Cool little cars, but the safety of the new cars is much better of course. Then again, they don't cost $1500 either!

The truck Kyle is using to tow the Honda? Its engine is the equal in displacement to the Honda's, if you multiply it by a baker's dozen!

That would make a good vmax engine car lol.

Back