I wish I was a vmax pictures....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
I ll start....

00P0P_lmhGu9MgipY_600x450.jpg

The Buell looks like a cartoon character , but goes pretty good. I have a riding buddy who has one. I know he got a great deal on it when Buell separated from H.D. I can still scare him with the Max though. The Blackbird will flat leave him. :punk:

Vmax IMG_2305.JPG

Oh wait, I AM A VMAX - an original Vmax. Sometimes I have to pinch myself to be sure I'm real. :punk:

Nah, it also looked like this:
Empg2J9.jpg

The Nova project was all kinds of things. It was to come in a v-twin, V-4, and a V-6. It was this, it was that, it was also this great thing over here... and then it was shelved for good when Harley sold out to a bowling company.

To contribute:
qeZTdv9.jpg

in this case, it would be the other way around. Harley came out with that prototype way before Yamaha thought of the Vmax.

Mike

true. even if you're first doesn't mean you couldnt' wish to be the later, better version :)

Out of all of those, it looks like the Italian bike is most trying to look like the Max. Personally, I think the two bikes stock are about neck n' neck in the looks department, but with some creative touches, my Woona would blow away the Diavel in looks when I am done with her.

Lets do a comparison here.
Swingarms:
I really dislike the looks of single sided swingarms. +1 to the Max
Rear shocks:
Having the twin shocks adds to the muscular look in my opinion, especially if you have the right shocks. Plus, the ONLY real advantage to the monoshock design is if you want to get the laser sharp handling of a supersport. Also, the side x side shock setup is easy as pie to adjust. +1 to the Max
Scoops:
The scoops go too far forward on the Diavel. They just do not look done right to me. The "scoops" on the max, though looking more pronounced, also look a bit more tucked in and tidier to my eyes, with better lines. +1 to the Max

And that's just comparing the stock bikes. If I get into modifications, then I feel the Yammie would jump significantly further ahead.

Porsche and H-D were working on the Nova project beginning in the 1970's but when the buy-out from AMF happened, they could only go with one direction, and they went with the Evolution and abandoned the Nova. I think RaWarrior posted a link about the story awhile-ago, a great business school case-study, really.

The magazines of the day were rife with rumors and leaked tidbits about the collaboration. Too-bad when they began running the waiting lists they didn't develop the Nova for the market that could have been.:confused2:

As to the similarities to other machines, here's one that always proves to be a crowd-pleaser, the Chrysler Cross-Ram manifold. Dig those crazy intake runners! Another exotic intake design, VBoost it's not, but made for performance! I'd heard that the design was only good for warm climates, as the fuel charge would puddle on the floors of the runners in weather in the 50's or below. Maybe if there was a water jacket around the runners for colder climates?
images
images
images

Attachments

• May 2011 Milwaukee-April HPFFA 085.jpg
    May 2011 Milwaukee-April HPFFA 085.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 32
  • May 2011 Milwaukee-April HPFFA 098.jpg
    May 2011 Milwaukee-April HPFFA 098.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 32
Porsche and H-D were working on the Nova project beginning in the 1970's but when the buy-out from AMF happened, they could only go with one direction, and they went with the Evolution and abandoned the Nova. I think RaWarrior posted a link about the story awhile-ago, a great business school case-study, really.

The magazines of the day were rife with rumors and leaked tidbits about the collaboration. Too-bad when they began running the waiting lists they didn't develop the Nova for the market that could have been.:confused2:

As to the similarities to other machines, here's one that always proves to be a crowd-pleaser, the Chrysler Cross-Ram manifold. Dig those crazy intake runners! Another exotic intake design, VBoost it's not, but made for performance! I'd heard that the design was only good for warm climates, as the fuel charge would puddle on the floors of the runners in weather in the 50's or below. Maybe if there was a water jacket around the runners for colder climates?
images
images
images

OHMYFUCKINGOD!!!!
draft_lens18295670module152204295photo_1312860725my-little-pony-pinkie-pie

CROSS RAM FTW!!!! W00T!!!!

If I had gotten the 440 I wanted for my old 86 Ram, THAT is the intake I would have wanted!

When it boiled down HD was in dire straits and needed a successful new venture to generate cash. They had the Nova project, or they could "modernize" their classic v-twin (which became the Evo motor). They didn't have enough money to do both. Sticking with tradition was the safe option over the risky Nova that the HD faithful might not have taken to.

I don't think it's a big coincidence that just a year or so after the Nova was officially shelved, the V65 Magna came out, the first of the V4 musclebikes. Honda laughed all the way to the bank about how the Americans were too stupid to recognize a good idea when they had it.

Back