ID these pipes?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonerdave

Reaction score
My bike came with non-stock pipes but there are no identifying markings on them. Any guesses as to what kind they are?

Attachments

• IMG_6091 pipes.jpg
    IMG_6091 pipes.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 104
Looks like maybe an old holeshot or Hindle set of mufflers. Slip-ons for sure - not a complete system. The was another system made years ago and I want to say it was a 3 something or something 3.

Sean

Those are stock headers. It looks there's a crossover between the muffler inlet pipes.

looks like maybe an old holeshot or hindle set of mufflers. Slip-ons for sure - not a complete system. The was another system made years ago and i want to say it was a 3 something or something 3.

Sean

f3 ?

Maybe - can't remember for sure. Might even be F1 or Maybe even Devils??

It almost looks like someone has converted a pair of supertrapps and added the cans on it.

Sean

It almost looks like someone has converted a pair of supertrapps and added the cans on it.

Sean

F1's are Cobra pipes. I had a set on my CB700SC. They do look A LOT like them too.

Sean

having supertrapps on my max (not for long) i would have to agree. its like they cut off where the baffling is on the traps.. weird..

It sure looks like that Cobra F1 (without the identifying marks). Here is a pic of the exhaust end

Attachments

• IMG_6111.jpg
    IMG_6111.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 40
They kinda' look like my Jardines.......RT-Ones.....

But my cans are aluminum and the collectors are chrome......

Those ones in the previous post(the end on shot) looks like homemade cans:ummm:

I guess I am no help at all:confused2:

The end cap for sure is some sort of home made job. How do they sound?

That IS a Cobra F1 can. I had them on my CB700 and they were IDENTICAL to those. Welds and all.

THanks 4gasem - good to know. They are relatively quiet and definitely not low-pitched. Looking into full systems.

Latest posts

Back