Im torn on what to do.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calibretto

Reaction score
So I've had a '92 Honda Hawk, a '98 F3, a '06 Yamaha FZ-1, a '06 Ducati Sport Classic '00 and a '07 Triumph Daytona 675..

And I think after all those, I've decided sport bikes just aren't my calling. So I was looking at the Vmax or possibly a cruiser, the only problem is;

I can't seem to find a good balance of power and comfort.. I don't want to lose too much from the sport bike rush, but would like to travel a bit or do extended rides. Rode my friends C90 boulevard, talk about a boring bike! No life in that engine..

I was told that a good seat investment and foot rests may be able to make the Max into a competent touring bike?

Penny for you're thoughts? And if the Max isn't the answer, got any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Yep, you can get both on a Vmax. Seat and Kuryakyn ISO highway pegs are huge. I've had a few 600 miles days. Other things are a flyscreen to get the bugs/wind off your chest, longer handlebar and Kuryakyn ISO hand grips. I also have a driver's backrest.

Mark

I've taken several trips on a Vmax. The longest was 3500 miles in 7 days. All I had was the Yamaha mini windshield (WITHOUT the wings :- ) ), a Corbin seat, Vista Cruise throttle lock, a set of throw-over saddlebags and a tail bag. I also drilled holes in the Yamaha engine guards and installed a set of bolt-through folding highway pegs. The clamp ons always rotated and gouged the case guards whenever I put any weight on them. The only problem using the Max as a tourer is the range of the gas tank. Usually go on reserve at about 120 miles and have another 20 miles or so to get gas. Other than that, it is a great tourer.

The Vmax will do everything you want.But if you want to go far you will need a seat and pegs.The only thing that you might not like is the rang (small Tank).Check in on a sportmax or a UFO seat.
If the max won't do it for you take a look at a FJR.Thats my other child.It is one hell of a bike.

Awesome, good to hear it can be done, really want to get a standard and get on something that sits lower than my current bike, but not give up some power :)

Anyone know somebody who wants a 2007 Daytona 675? :)

I've taken several trips on a Vmax. The longest was 3500 miles in 7 days. All I had was the Yamaha mini windshield (WITHOUT the wings :- ) ), a Corbin seat, Vista Cruise throttle lock, a set of throw-over saddlebags and a tail bag. I also drilled holes in the Yamaha engine guards and installed a set of bolt-through folding highway pegs. The clamp ons always rotated and gouged the case guards whenever I put any weight on them. The only problem using the Max as a tourer is the range of the gas tank. Usually go on reserve at about 120 miles and have another 20 miles or so to get gas. Other than that, it is a great tourer.

Yea gas mileage is a downer, but not the final deciding factor. Thanks for the tip on the foot rests, will remember that. Found about 5 Vmax's for sale locally, just debating on which one to get, a few have some accessories already and a few are stock still.

Anyone know somebody who wants a 2007 Daytona 675? :)

Uhm... Me...:whistlin:

Your 675 and 6 thousand and you can have my Vmax...:whistlin:

Sweat bike, but I wouldn't get rid of it to get a Vmax... I have both a sport bike and the Max and what an awesome combination...:thumbs up: Took the SV out for a 200 mile run of the twisties last Saturday and then the Max out of Sunday for the straights...:banana:

Good luck!

Uhm... Me...:whistlin:

Your 675 and 6 thousand and you can have my Vmax...:whistlin:

Sweat bike, but I wouldn't get rid of it to get a Vmax... I have both a sport bike and the Max and what an awesome combination...:thumbs up: Took the SV out for a 200 mile run of the twisties last Saturday and then the Max out of Sunday for the straights...:banana:

Good luck!

My bike AND 6k for a vmax? mmm Not that desperate for one ;)

Im looking at an 01 for 5.5k, and selling my bike for 7.5k. Honestly Im selling it because I cant ride that agressive of a position, it's just not comfortable and I miss the fun I had on a standard..

Back