Other than your Max, what other bike do you have or had?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HondaSL100,2x YamahaTS250's,XS360.kAWASAKI KH500,Yamaha XS650,BMW R65 outfit,TT600,GSX1100,Bandit GSF1200S AND 1986VMAX AND 1 WRECKED 1985 VMAX.THE 1st 7 were all owned together and then I got married.Taught the 5 foot 1 inch missus to ride the outfit and got rid of the rest.then got divorced and started all over with the TT and10 years later bought the sidecar back and it is still in the garage ......waiting......cheers Kevman

Currently the 85 Vmax and a 2003 Yamaha Zuma scooter for running around the neighborhood and bike rallies. BIG difference in those two. :biglaugh:

Previously:

89 HD FXSTC totally custom w/ 95inch motor
80 HD Low Rider
85 HD Roadster
84 Honda V65 Magna
83 Honda V65 Magna (just bought for parts after wrecking the 84)
81 Kawasaki 400 (first street bike)

several dirt bikes and ATV's.

My list is attached..... Celebrate 50 years of riding this year!:th_image003:

Attachments

• Motorcycles Owned - 2.doc
    30.5 KB · Views: 7
I learned on my Mom's BMW R65S when I was 14 and got my permit.

My first bike I owned was a 1992 Yamaha FZR 600. That was stolen.

The insurance money from it bought me a 1983 V65 Honda Magna and my then wife a 1990 Honda CB-1 (aka. CB400F).

Shortly after that I got rid of the then wife and of course kept the bike. I sold the V65 to help pay for the divorce due to all the horror stories I was hearing/reading on the oiling problem of them.

I kept the CB-1 for some time until I got the good wife and used it to teach her to ride. I then bought myself a 1987 Honda Super Magna.

The Super was the second bike I fell in love with the moment I saw one and decided I would have one. My wife deciding she HATED sport bikes decided she wanted to sell the CB -1 to her brother and we got her a 2001 Honda Shadow VLX 600. That and the Magna looked great together.

A couple years later all my "buddies" got new bikes or faster ones making them no fun anymore.

I finally broke down and decided it was finally time to own my First dream bike... The Vmax. I wasn't going to be left behind any more nor was I going to give up a cruiser to do so.

I listed my Magna and mentioned I was looking for a Vmax. I got a response quite quickly from a noob who just finished a riding course and bought a Vmax for his first bike (der-der-der). It scared the S#@T out of him so he was looking for a Super.

Jackpot. I had him give me $$$ and his 1986 Vmax. Finally I had one. I had it for a couple years before breaking 1st gear on those damn Dyno Drags. I torn it down over the winter when I found my 1994 Vmax on eBay. It was the year I had always wanted and had just enough chrome.

That is still my pride and joy to this day. I will be adding to it as soon as possible a Triumph Speed Triple. But, I will always have a Vmax and would love to have another Super Magna to add to the collection.

I learned on my Mom's BMW R65S when I was 14 and got my permit.

My first bike I owned was a 1992 Yamaha FZR 600. That was stolen.

The insurance money from it bought me a 1983 V65 Honda Magna and my then wife a 1990 Honda CB-1 (aka. CB400F).

Shortly after that I got rid of the then wife and of course kept the bike. I sold the V65 to help pay for the divorce due to all the horror stories I was hearing/reading on the oiling problem of them.

I kept the CB-1 for some time until I got the good wife and used it to teach her to ride. I then bought myself a 1987 Honda Super Magna.

The Super was the second bike I fell in love with the moment I saw one and decided I would have one. My wife deciding she HATED sport bikes decided she wanted to sell the CB -1 to her brother and we got her a 2001 Honda Shadow VLX 600. That and the Magna looked great together.

A couple years later all my "buddies" got new bikes or faster ones making them no fun anymore.

I finally broke down and decided it was finally time to own my First dream bike... The Vmax. I wasn't going to be left behind any more nor was I going to give up a cruiser to do so.

I listed my Magna and mentioned I was looking for a Vmax. I got a response quite quickly from a noob who just finished a riding course and bought a Vmax for his first bike (der-der-der). It scared the S#@T out of him so he was looking for a Super.

Jackpot. I had him give me $$$ and his 1986 Vmax. Finally I had one. I had it for a couple years before breaking 1st gear on those damn Dyno Drags. I torn it down over the winter when I found my 1994 Vmax on eBay. It was the year I had always wanted and had just enough chrome.

That is still my pride and joy to this day. I will be adding to it as soon as possible a Triumph Speed Triple. But, I will always have a Vmax and would love to have another Super Magna to add to the collection.

Excellent Choice! Super Magna's Rock:punk:

Last edited:
More, More, More. This was Monte (my '87).

Attachments

• Monte 1.JPG
    Monte 1.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Monte 5.JPG
    Monte 5.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 4
  • Monte 6.JPG
    Monte 6.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Monte 7.JPG
    Monte 7.JPG