info overload

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onebadv2

Reaction score
I'm new to the vmax world and have been pouring over any an all info I can find on how to improve the front braking on my 89. I have just purchased R6 calipers (2004) but it did not come with a master cylinder. Can I use my stock stuff here or what do I need to get now other than the adapters? I read something about getting the ss lines, which is next, but remember something about the banjo bolt being twisted wrong or at a bad angle. Thanks for your help and I promise to print stuff off when I read it in the future. George

I'm new to the vmax world and have been pouring over any an all info I can find on how to improve the front braking on my 89. I have just purchased R6 calipers (2004) but it did not come with a master cylinder. Can I use my stock stuff here or what do I need to get now other than the adapters? I read something about getting the ss lines, which is next, but remember something about the banjo bolt being twisted wrong or at a bad angle. Thanks for your help and I promise to print stuff off when I read it in the future. George

Check out the VMF links above and go to RMS sportmax. He has a pretty good way of doing what you're after. Shawn Kloker I believe did just that.

Run EBC HH pads in what ever you buy! You WON'T be disappointed.

we've just finished making 12 sets of adapters for 4 piston Tokico's and will be checking to see if we can adapt these same adapters to 6 piston. They will vary in price depending on how you want them finished.

Sean Morley

we've just finished making 12 sets of adapters for 4 piston Tokico's and will be checking to see if we can adapt these same adapters to 6 piston. They will vary in price depending on how you want them finished.

Sean Morley

I had 4 piston tokico's on my SV and swapped them out with 6 pots off of a 2002 GSXR1000.:thumbs up:

Attachments

• SV and Vmax.jpg
    SV and Vmax.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 9
OK. I am assuming that the 2004 R6 calipers are Tokico's, is that correct? If so, then do I need larger rotors or will my 89's work? Sean, I was unable to find anything on your website regarding the adapters. I believe I would want them in a polished finish. Can you give me any other info regarding the master cylinder and stainless lines? If you have this stuff, I would like to go ahead and get everything from you. Thanks again.

ditto,
I'm still running stock 86 stuff.
I want more info.
I don't care about the finish though. I'll shoot them flat black anyway.

The adapters we made are out of mild steel and won't be worth polishing. Your R6 calipers won't work with my adapters. There are adapters out there that it will work with they are more costly.

The current adapters don't require replacing the rotors but will only work with the 4 piston Tokico's.

I had a chance to check out the 6 piston units I got from a Huyabusa and the adapters won't work. I do plan on getting some fabbed up soon and it looks like it would work with either rotor set (I will find out that too). IN this case the caliper distance from center won't change so no big increase in stopping power when the rotor diameter is changed. They would however cool quicker so multiple stops would be improved.

Email me directly if you are still inerested.

Sean Morley
[email protected]

The adapters we made are out of mild steel and won't be worth polishing. Your R6 calipers won't work with my adapters. There are adapters out there that it will work with they are more costly.

The current adapters don't require replacing the rotors but will only work with the 4 piston Tokico's.

I had a chance to check out the 6 piston units I got from a Huyabusa and the adapters won't work. I do plan on getting some fabbed up soon and it looks like it would work with either rotor set (I will find out that too). IN this case the caliper distance from center won't change so no big increase in stopping power when the rotor diameter is changed. They would however cool quicker so multiple stops would be improved.

Email me directly if you are still inerested.

Sean Morley
[email protected]

Hey Sean,

The 2002 GSXR1000 6 pots are different then the Busa's... I bet you need the Gixxer ones. Let me know what the spacing is and I will measure my 4 pot stockers. I'm 99% sure they are the same as what you are looking for.:thumbs up:

Cheers,
Chris

I'm doing this same conversion on my 90 model.

what i did was,

buy some brembo calipers from a ducati off of eby

then i waffled and bought some r1 calipers off of ebay

then i waffled some more and thought about using some 6 piston tokico's that came off of another bike i have

next i bought some r1 rotors off of ebay

what i finally decided to do is this:

i finalized on the brembo calipers, i'll need the r1 rotors

then i ordered some adapters from Quality Parts

next i ordered some stainless galfer lines from cyclebrakes. i had them put 40 degree banjos on the caliper end and they also included the finer thread banjo bolts for the brembo calipers.

i plan on using the masters off of my ZRX because i'm switching it over to remote reservoirs.

I havent assembled any of it yet, because i've just gotten the last of the stuff in, but i'll post up pics when it's done.

hope this helps

what i did was,

then i waffled some more and thought about using some 6 piston tokico's that came off of another bike i have

next i ordered some stainless galfer lines from cyclebrakes. i had them put 40 degree banjos on the caliper end and they also included the finer thread banjo bolts for the brembo calipers.

i plan on using the masters off of my ZRX because i'm switching it over to remote reservoirs.

I havent assembled any of it yet, because i've just gotten the last of the stuff in, but i'll post up pics when it's done.

hope this helps

I'm confused.....

what i did was,

I haven't assembled any of it yet, because i've just gotten the last of the stuff in, but i'll post up pics when it's done.

hope this helps

Good choices. That setup will work just fine. I'm running the same setup with the stock master. The braking response is awesome and the lever effort is , well effortless. One finger on the lever will pull you up.

Use the EBC HH pads for the Brembo's.

You'll be happy.

Back