is it possible the vboost butterflies open but the vboost doesn do what it should do

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMAX1260

Supporting Member
Reaction score
is it possible the vboost butterflies open but the vboost doesn do what it should do . i mean everything seems to be working perfectly with my vboost system but i dont feel anything. when i unplag it .it is the same thing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: is it possible the vboost butterflies open but the vboost doesn do what it should

Put your bike on the center stand, warm it up and in neutral bend down on the right side so you can see the boost cable, slowly throttle up till you see the cable open, if its pulling the butterflies open at or around 6k then its working correctly.

Re: is it possible the vboost butterflies open but the vboost doesn do what it should

i see the buteerflys opening but there is no boost. i disconnect the v-boost system and it is the same thing!!!!

I don't know what to tell ya, if the butterflies are opening then you are getting boost. It will go from one carb per cylinder to two per. Are you at stock jetting? You hear the servo going through the three buzz's when the key is turned on? Are you sure you're looking at the correct cable on the vboost? You can't see the butterflies its just a cable connected to a small black box down between the intake runners. Are you disconnecting the correct plug to the boost? Square connector under left scoop without the key on?

Mine sort of feels the same way right now - but I think my problems lies more in tuning...

i know what i am lookiing, i hear the servo working when i turn the key. i even checked the black box you said with the screw in the middle. i checked that in the open possition the butterflys open all the way. i adjusted everything so the butterflys open all the way. but not boost..... now about tuning .... what should i check???

do you think is the main jet. my mechanic replaced it to a much bigger and i think is running very rich

i had my engine bored to 1300cc with carillo rods and je pistons 79mm , i think 5-6 number bigger from the stock ones

Latest posts

Back