JARDINE Exhaust whit Stage 1 KIT

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gidon

Reaction score
I am New from Denmark and i hope some can help Me, i have buy a new exhaust from USA Jardine and i buy also a Dynojet Stage 1 for my bike. Can someone help me whit the jetting, they are saying that i have to needles on groove 3 and using main jet 170 but i dont now if the Jardine is a medium or a competition baffle and therefore i am not sure if i had to use main jet 165, is there some that have tried this and can help me before i will do the thing. My bike is Full Power Version whit 145 HP.

Please help me:clapping:

Are the Jardines the slip-ons or does it include the headers?

If slip-ons, no stage 1 and no jetting changes.

Thanks for reply it is slip on Jardine but i still want to use stage 1 kit because you get better respons from the bike can you tell me what to do, i the kit there are main jet from 150 to 170 and what do you thing i have to do whit the needle have it to be in groove 3.

Thanks for you help.:clapping:

First, here are the stage 1 instructions online for your reference.

http://www.dynojet.com/pdf/4116.pdf

Are you at sea level? If so, put the DJ165's in for the main jets. If say 1000 feet above sea level, try the DJ160's first.

The 150's are for the pilot air jet behind your slides but I would leave that alone for now.

For the needles, start by putting the e-clip in the 3rd position from the blunt end of the needle.

You can use the shorter slide springs that come with the kit but I would try to run the Vmax w/o drilling the slides for now.

Thanks for you great help, but is it right that using a stage one kit you will get a better speed respons and the bike will go more nice to 8000 RMP. thanks for you great help an all the best from Denmark.:clapping:

That's what DJ claims but more often than not you'll do better with stock jets/needles with a slip-on exhaust system. Personally, I would try stock first.

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks malako89

Just one quistion more what is the best exhaust system whit the yet kit if you want most power from the v-max:clapping:

Don't use the needles. Trust us. You can drill the slides and use the stage 1 springs to get quicker throttle response but most do not like the way thier bikes run with the needle change. Also, you may want to consider changing the jets to a smaller main size. I would suggest 147.5 or 150's (if you are at sea level).

Mark and I am telling you this from experience with many different exhausts.

Sean Morley

Thanks malako89

Just one quistion more what is the best exhaust system whit the yet kit if you want most power from the v-max:clapping:

All full exhausts do really well. Hindle and Kerker do slightly better for top end but the 4 into 2's have a bit better torque in your midrange...generally speaking. Pick the exhaust that you like and tune the carbs for that and you'll be golden!

thanks but what if i want a full 4 into 2 exhaust system have you a good places where i can buy this. My Jardine i buy in USA whit no problem please help me:clapping:

thanks but what if i want a full 4 into 2 exhaust system have you a good places where i can buy this. My Jardine i buy in USA whit no problem please help me:clapping:
Does Denmark have the noise restrictions like here in Germany? Do you have a version of something like T?V there?

You need to know that the HMF, UFO, and Dale Walker 4-2 systems are VERY LOUD compared to European exhausts. My HMF read 99dB when I went to inspection last year. That was brand new and none of the packing burnt out. A well worn system would be louder for sure. It was measured using the "new" ECE R41 regulation for motorcycle noise limits.

I have since installed a BSM exhaust. They are from the Netherlands and carry the E4 markings. It is a very good exhaust and has a removeable "dB killer" baffle. DOMA, also from the Netherlands, is another good choice. Both BSM and DOMA make 4-2 exhausts in many styles.

Mine is a BSM carbon fiber canister 4-2. Looks and sounds really good!

I hope that this helps.

P.s. Welcome to the List, and its good to see more "Europeans" on here!

Last edited:
Yes it is the same in Denmark and i had BSM Vampyer before but i want anouther look and therefore Jardine they have a noice lewel of 98 db. you new BSM Carbon have you make any jetting or just standard.

Yes it is the same in Denmark and i had BSM Vampyer before but i want anouther look and therefore Jardine they have a noice lewel of 98 db. you new BSM Carbon have you make any jetting or just standard.

I have a Dynojet Stage VII carburetor jet kit. It works fine with the BSM.

can you tell me what sitze in Main Jet you are using and i you install the hole Dyno jet kit.

can you tell me what sitze in Main Jet you are using and i you install the hole Dyno jet kit.

I have the entire Stage VII installed to include the 4 individual K&N filters.

My setup:

165 Mains
190 PAJ
E-clips on position #3 (down from the flat end)

Back