Jet Block Plugs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 5302

Reaction score
I haven't been around much lately as my health is declining fast. Today was one of my good days so I got the bike out to rebuild the carbs again. Ethanol fuel really plays havoc with mine. My stupid question involves the rubber plugs that go in the jet block. The plugs have a flat edge on them. Is there a certain way that they should be oriented when installed? It seems that the small plug should have the flat edge toward the side of the block to keep it from being squeezed but the large one is a puzzler. Any and all help is appreciated. Apologies to all if this has been answered before.

No apology needed. Many of us have been through this same process.I believe the consensus is that the flat side orientation is irrelevant. Mine were put in with the flat sides towards the back of the block,though. After taking everying apart three times,I'm really not sure I even paid attention when installing them the last time.

I place the large plug with the flat towards the outside of the float chamber to allow room for the cover and the little plug with the flat towards the large plug.

Latest posts

Back