Just drug home a Kawasaki concours

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now THAT brings back some memories. My neighbor had an '86 1000R and we regularly ran the 1/4 up at Union Grove Wisconsin. I would routinely holeshot the shite out of him on my GSXR, but if he got off the line well he would always run me down by the end of the track. His best times were an even .1 of a second on me. Good times!

Hey, I had an '86 Kawa 1000R all black that was painted House of Kolor Candy Purple. Man that was a fun bike. Bought it from a guy that ran Kawa drag bikes.......

Seen... I HATE that word... "I seen something yesterday" No no... You SAW (past tense) something yesterday...

Of course... Seen IS a word... "I've seen that before"

Pet peeve!

Chris

Improperly used SEEN is a rarity around here, and hearing it annoys me to no end, you won't here it in West Texas or the Gulf Coast very often, it's more of an East Texas Hick word,...

In the Desert where I came from we talk slow but we talk "good":rofl_200:

Warsh, instead of Wash is another neat one, to me it's not a dumb shit thing since it's merely wierd pronunciation, not lack of Grammar.....my Mom, with two Bachelors Degrees and One Masters degree, still says "Warsh":ummm:

Improperly used SEEN is a rarity around here, and hearing it annoys me to no end, you won't here it in West Texas or the Gulf Coast very often, it's more of an East Texas Hick word, and usually the person using it is a dumbshit....

In the Desert where I came from we talk slow but we talk "good":rofl_200:

Warsh, instead of Wash is another neat one, to me it's not a dumb shit thing since it's merely wierd pronunciation, not lack of Grammar.....my Mom, with two Bachelors Degrees and One Masters degree, still says "Warsh":ummm:

My mom says gararge... I say garage...

My mother in law says zinc for sink and chimley for chimney... ??? That was due to poor schooling. She's smart enough...

My wife used to say alls and beings... "alls it takes is some oil" Beings that you're going there anyway" It actually fairly common around here. I broke her of it actually... It drove me NUTS!

How about brung? It's not even a word and people use it... :confused2:

Chris

Its funny to listen to diffrent slang from diffrent places. In Texas I called the access roads feeder roads here there frontage roads. I say battery's my grandma said battries she was from Mississipie

My mom says gararge... I say garage...

My mother in law says zinc for sink and chimley for chimney... ??? That was due to poor schooling. She's smart enough...

My wife used to say alls and beings... "alls it takes is some oil" Beings that you're going there anyway" It actually fairly common around here. I broke her of it actually... It drove me NUTS!

How about brung? It's not even a word and people use it... :confused2:

Chris

I think brung is past tense usage of bring, instead of using brought.......

Actually I'm off base assuming any one could be dumb because they don't use language in a manner that I approve of..., That's the same assumption I wouldn't want made about me simply 'cause I talk slow and with a drawl.....Not fair for me to have said that....sorry if it offended any one..

It's just a regional thing I guess, kinda neat really to see how areas that are close together can develop such different accents and colloquiall useages...Makes the country interesting, Texas has Many different sounds based on Dutch, German, French and Spanish "original settlers" as well the many that came from so many different states during the 1800' thru 1900's....At one time you could tell quickly what part of Texas they were from as far as south texas, west texas, east texas or central and north texas.....

If you get out to the El Paso area you'll find that a lot of the younger white kids who CANNOT speak spanish speak english with a Mexican accent 'cause that is what they grew up hearing, funny as hell to listen to...

I'm sure other parts of the country are the same, seems to be to me at least in my travels

With TV and Radio teaching kids how to talk instead of their parents accents everywhere are being lost, especially in the big cities......

I have a coworker from Maine that is the smartest technician I know. He's thirty y.o. and my 48 y.o. ass has learned more from him in the last 3 years about the newer electronic stuff in the power industry than I ever hoped to, HE IS SMART!

But;

He absolutely can not wrap his head around the difference in the useage between bring and take, I think it's a regional thing.....I never mentioned it to him until he started poking at me for saying "warsh"...Then I let him have it:rofl_200:

Last edited:
Back