Just wanted to introduce myself if I may, (Tons of questions inside)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yodapala

Reaction score
Hello Guys/Gals, I'm new on here and just wanted to ask some simple questions about one of the baddest motorcycles on the planet: The Yamaha Vmax. I never had a street bike before and until now, with the high price of gas that it is I'm really considering on buying a street bike. I always rode dirt bikes and quads for years and I think its time to hit the street, not just for fuel mileage but for well, you know....FUN! Just wanted to know if there are any "issues" with certain year vmax's to steer clear of or that i should know before purchasing. Some tips on vmax's to look for when shopping for one would be nice.

Yes i know some one is going to pop up somewhere and say" do a search" but I really dont have the time for that, just wanted some quick answers so I can be on my way. Thanks a bunch!!!!

Welcome aboard Bro - I'd say stick with '96 or newer because of forks, brakes & charging systems - get as new as you can afford - tons of info on this site if you ever have a problem - I've had good luck with mine - enjoy :eusa_dance:

Welcome aboard Bro - I'd say stick with '96 or newer because of forks, brakes & charging systems - get as new as you can afford - tons of info on this site if you ever have a problem - I've had good luck with mine - enjoy :eusa_dance:

+1 to that!

The newer the better. I think after 2001 all changes were cosmetic.

You might consider buying a V-max that someone else has done all the expensive mods on.

Back